Personally the average from the day before doesnt make sense to me. Lets say yesterday the average price was 50% lower or higher than today. Doesn’t make sense to use. Having the 20% buffer for volatility is the buffer. We could just use the price at market when the proposal is submitted.
I agree. Consensus was price of the moment you go to chain
Will add it to the notes
- The discretionary budget consists of community funds to be spent to further the committee and the community. It’s risky if you don’t immediately switch to USD for USD costs. These calls should be at the discretion of the proposer / lead, but should be explainable to the public and be transparent.
- One hard to define issue is where does the committee stop? What is in-scope and what is out of scope? If we limit it to just what is in the proposal or charter it becomes too restrictive. Make the decisions in the moment that you feel are necessary but explain those expenses if asked for. It should be explainable to the public and be transparent.
- People with different backgrounds might value contributions differently, but all contributions are valuable as long as they help the community. Putting this into guidelines for a ‘Secret Network Charter’ with suggested pay-rates is very hard, but we should get input form the entire community to take steps forward with this.
- A new infrastructure proposal (‘the Spartan proposal’) is on the forums to increase the number of nodes of the community API. This proposal is centered around physical hardware.
- Ownership of public good hardware should be further discussed if it continues to increase in the future.
- Consensus seems to have formed that all spend proposals should be based on USD values at the time of submission with a 20% increase for potential swings. If at the end of the vote the value of the received SCRT is 10% lower than the original ask (in USD), a second spend proposal would immediately be ‘approved’ for the difference.
- Discretionary budgets spending / conversion to stable coins really depend on the specific proposal, for some spends it will be important to immediately convert to a stable coin, for others (paid in SCRT) it might not be necessary. In the end it is the responsibility of the proposer(s). Mismanagement should be taken into consideration for future proposals.
- Respond to the relayer discussion for IBC on the forums (Secret IBC Relayers - An Open Discussion)
- Respond to the infrastructure proposal (‘the Spartan proposal’) The Spartan Proposal