This proposal is for the on-chain funding period 19 Feb 2022 - 31 May 2022.
First we want to thank Darren and Stefan for their hard work over the past year, we are looking forward to provide value to the Secret network by taking over the lead of the education committee.
Purpose of the Education Committee
The Education Committee exists to create, update, and manage educational content to accelerate the use and adoption of Secret Network. We work closely with other committees to ensure our output is relevant and supports their and the overarching Secret Network goals. You can find the full Education Charter here
Achievements past funding period:
- Delivered several high quality articles like “Viewing keys vs Permits – access control”
- Infographic on SN wallets, wrap.scrt.network, SecretNFTs, SN Dapps and more
- Regularly updated SN support and educational articles like the starter guide
- Provided educational support in Telegram and Discord
Notable Deliverables in the upcoming Funding Period will include:
- Maintain and organize educational content across Secret Network repositories
- Assist with educational content (infographics, blog posts, articles, tutorials) for all launches of products and ecosystem components (such as blackbox mixer, IBC bridge)
- Organize and manage the education committee, its projects and subcommittees.
- Function as program management for all education-related SNACs
- Manage the master repository for educational documents related to Secret Network
- Oversee the organization of a weekly community-AMA by the Agents of the Round Table subcommittee
- Describe Secret Network processes (flowcharts, guidelines, document templates)
- Design and build out a “no-code” pathway/course to help learners understand the tech stack and utility of Secret Network
- Offer cross-committee support to aid the Secret University concept (developer learning pathways)
- Develop strategic resources in alignment with Shockwave campaign as significant ecosystem announcements and updates are shared with the community
- Improve upon the existing FAQ by adding information regarding new Dapps and SecretNFTs
- Collaborate on creating a more complete and organized non-developer learning environment over the different SN websites and socials (medium)
- Create an educational content master document to be used by supports and community contributors for sharing information to new users.
Performance Indicators by which the Committee Can Be Held Accountable
Volume and Quality of Content Created - The definition being any infographic, article, tutorial, video, webpage that was created by the committee and its members. Although the time and effort that goes into these pieces of content can vary widely, we believe that it, statistically, provides a measurement on the performance of the committee. Notable deviations from the target will see an explanation from the committee leadership. We estimate a target of 25 pieces of content is realistic. This is on target with the previous pace and output goals for this Committee.
The Education Committee asks for a budget for the compensated leadership roles, a discretionary budget for leading roles in the subcommittees and a discretionary budget to put bounties on open projects and reward committee members on top of the rewards they are able to earn through the Secret Agent Program.
Our ask is in USD, calculated to SCRT on the day the proposal goes on the chain. We may reintroduce the proposal if the $SCRT price loses more than 10% of its value within the 7-day voting period.
SeanPop - $70/h - 15 hours per week - $4500 / month
- Education Committee Contributor for 3+ months
- 15 years experience in full-stack business operations
- 9 years experience founding/designing learning experiences (undergrad and graduate)
- Doctorate in Contextual Communication, professor of MA classes in Interpersonal Neurobiology and Communication Skills
- Executive Coach for senior leaders in big tech and space exploration
Ertemann - $70/h - 15 hours per week - $4500/month
- Secret agent/technical support contributor for 5+ months
- Moderator in several Secret Network discords
- 4 years experience in (ML) data analysis/remote sensing
- Documentation/tutorial creator for several scientific data analysis applications and development frameworks (Git/CLI)
- 6 years of experience in an international E-commerce business, in charge of regulation compliance, European taxes and data security/services
- Education enthusiast leading/helping the buddy- and introduction programme for new (inter)national students
The education committee requests a discretionary budget to compensate committee members for their work. This budget will be used to reward the completion of open projects like the creation of infographics, articles, written/video tutorials.
The Discretionary budget is based on:
- 3 Types of open projects (infographics, articles/written tutorials, and video tutorials),
- a base time per project type (1.5 hour, 4 hours, and 8 hours respectively),
- expectation per project type (4/month, 8/month, 1/month respectively),
- rewards at $40/h
These open project bounties will be on top of the rewards one can earn in the Secret Agent program. The two reward structures combined will result in fair compensation for these smaller projects. We are fully aware that the ‘hourly’ rate is not up to professional level (professional video editor, professional photoshop artist). However, we believe that people with such professional skills can use open-projects as a stepping stone to request SNAC funding, and we look forward to guiding such contributors in getting successfully funded for their ideas to grow the network.
Besides the project based discretionary funding the committee asks for:
- 10 hours a week for higher-level contributors in the sub-committees (40$/h)
We believe that the members who help the education committee with structuring and leading the subcommittees should be sufficiently compensated for their efforts. These efforts include organizing educational events and improving on educational resources outside the scope of a single project/bounty or SNAC-proposal. This budget can be distributed by the education committee leads at their discretion. The only active subcommittee at this moment in time is the Agent of the Round Table subcommittee charter. The committee has delivered multiple valuable community-ama sessions already, which have been transformed into FAQ write-ups and educational podcasts about SN and its projects. All documents can be found here with the podcasts coming to Youtube very soon. The schedule shows the upcoming AMAs.
The education committee has a roll-over of SCRT from previous funding rounds that should leave the discretionary budget meant for bounties sufficiently funded for the coming 3 months. Any SCRT left at the end of the funding period (3 months) will carry over to the next round. If both education leads discontinue their role the remaining funds will be transferred to the new leads. There is not enough SCRT to fund the discretionary budget meant for the subcommittee leads, this is included in the ask.
Sean = $15 500
Ertemann = $15 500
Discretionary budget projects = $0 (using SCRT budget from previous funding periods)
Discretionary budget Subcommittee = $6 000
Total Proposal Spend for 3.5 Months = $37 000 (~6500 SCRT at $5.5)
Education committee Address : secret1uqalfng7uxc3xxh9c9ndvj94h4sgee9rwjcxrs
Ask calculation breakdown here
Ertemanns support hours have moved from this proposal to the support proposal.