Governance Meeting Notes Mega-Thread

A mega-thread for the Discord Governance Meeting Notes (Wednesday’s @ 15:00 UTC).

A draft of the notes will be posted within 24 hours after the meeting has ended, which are to be approved during the next meeting. Until then please consider the notes as a draft version.

2021/07/07 Abstract:

Design committee on-chain proposal will go live within the next few days. Enigma’s IBC upgrade signalling proposal will go on-chain early next week according to the current schedule. A large part of the work is already done and what is left is mostly the new cosm modules. Guerilla Sticker Marketing Initiative had one proposer join the meeting but was unable to talk. No other proposers joined, we will try to find another option to discuss this in a special meeting. The C1 constitution is a guideline / best practices and not a hard rulebook. They welcome any and all feedback to improve this early version. Hopefully this will lead to a lowered threshold for proposals as it is known what the requirements for a ‘Yes’ vote are. Any validator is welcome to join and adopt the constitution. A community curated bounty list was suggested and received well. It will be expanded upon this week so we can discuss specifics / brainstorm next week.

Full notes:

1 Like

In regards to
“Hopefully this will lead to a lowered threshold for proposals as it is known what the requirements for a ‘Yes’ vote are”

Not trying to be an ass but, if you like the proposal, vote yes, otherwise don’t? Not sure why there needs to be any consensus on how individuals should vote?

It’s not that, it’s the fact that some people with really good ideas may not know how to convert this into a good Proposal.

By informing them on the guidelines beforehand, we can get better quality Proposals from the get go and therefore see more good ideas implemented.

1 Like

Ah, I see, fine then.

I think for Secret Grants we already have some sort of template defined with questions like “how does this create value”, “timeline”, etc. So could just use that plus whatever was suggested.

@orageux101 already explained it quite well, but just to add to it, this is a document C1 is developing to help decide their own vote and make it clear to outsiders why they vote the way they vote. They will use it across all the chains that they run a validator on.

An additional benefit might be that people feel more secure in submitting a proposal when they know what they will be judged on by the biggest validator in Secret Network at the moment.

More info in the linked full notes.

2021/07/14 Abstract:

  • Proposal #41 will transition to a SNAC.
  • The Secret Foundation Q2 Transparency Report is expected to be ready by the end of the month.
  • A mini-survey was distributed to gather feedback on the Community Curated Bounty List (CCBL). Out of 16 respondents, 15 support the CCBL in principle and 1 has no opinion. See the full notes for the responses to the mini-survey.
  • The CCBL potentially opens the door for teams to bid against each other and thereby create a race to the bottom; this could be prevented by adopting a first-come first-served approach for smaller projects. Above a value threshold a RFP process would be necessary. One of the reasons for creating the CCBL is that we don’t have all the development capacity that we would like right now, so competition might not occur at first. A pool working group could keep the CCBL updated by submitting a monthly signalling proposal to keep the list up-to-date and prove continued support for it’s contents.

General Action points:

Everyone:

Validators:

  • Please message @pmuecke on Discord or Telegram with your preferred method of contact and the corresponding contact details. We will use this information to try to improve governance participation.

Full notes:

1 Like

2021/07/21 Abstract

  • Secret Roadmap is being developed by several committee leads and receiving input from Enigma. It will clearly define the strategic vision of the network and KPIs that support that. Should be demand focussed.
  • Short term we should investigate the maximum validator and inflation rate change parameters. Learn from other networks.
  • We will form a working group on the topic of the Community Curated Bounty List to further develop the concept and push for implementation.

Action points

Everyone:

Validators:

  • Please message @pmuecke on Discord or Telegram with your preferred method of contact and the corresponding contact details. We will use this information to try to improve governance participation.

superfish:

  • Loosely gather some data to have some insight in sell-pressure of SCRT to provide insight in the inflation discussion. Create a short report and sync with pmuecke.

Dumdidum:

  • Find out best practices in PancakeSwap governance.

Tor:

  • Reach out to Zaki to find out how proposal #48 influenced them (inflation rate change parameter increased to 100%).

pmuecke:

  • Reach out to validators and explore what is needed to increase governance participation.
  • Set up a working group to work out details of the CCBL and formulate next steps.
  • Sync with superfish on the sell-pressure data.

Full notes:

1 Like

2021/07/28 Abstract

  • Two alternatives for the definition of the Circulating Supply for Secret Network are being discussed. Either list all current coins as the circulating supply, or, subtract the coins we consider non-circulating (ecosystem pool, on-chain pool, portion of Engima holdings that are locked up, foundation seed funds, other coins with their own vesting schedules). The last option currently seems to be preferred, but if anyone has a strong feeling in either direction, please speak up on the forum thread linked above.
  • The CCBL working group has created a draft for the CCBL implementation and its processes. See the full notes for the details.
  • The Secret Foundation Q2 Transparency Report will be discussed next week (Aug 4; 15:00 UTC; chat.scrt.network).

General Action points

Everyone:

  • Consider joining the Community Curated Bounty List working group.

  • Think about the definition of Circulating Supply for Secret Network and respond on the forum thread ([DISCUSSION] Circulating Supply Reporting).

Full notes: