SCRT Wallet Support

Hi all,

I am starting this thread to further discussion of how to increase wallet support for Secret (SCRT), which is essential for end user adoption. Right now Mathwallet is the best available option for community members. I have spoken with multiple other wallet teams as well (Cosmostation, Lunie, Atomic…) to see how we can move forward with broader SCRT support. It’s clear that community demand has a large impact on ensuring wallets add support in a timely manner.

We will have more options in the very near future, but I am wondering if there are those in the community who can either:

1. independently develop an SCRT wallet (which imo would be deserving of community pool funding!)
  2. help to identify and approach existing wallets that we want to add support
  3. think of other ways to improve SCRT wallet support

This is a top priority for the ecosystem and I want to make sure this receives a lot of visibility! Please post here if you are interested in collaborating on this effort or have thoughts.

5 Likes

I have interest in participating on this. Although, I am not a dev, I can contribute with the strategy and potential partnerships that could help strengthen the network.

3 Likes

I’m always keen to try new wallets and see if they’ll work for for me as a staker, dapp user or contract developer.

One of the wallets I’m looking at is Neuma, because it uses iov/multichain to sign and broadcast txs to multiple blockchains, and consume streams of events like block height and account balance changes, as well as the key management that goes with it, under the hood is Keybase.

Maybe it’s too much for some users, who just want a simple SCRT wallet to stake with for example, and ideally we should be able to configure a few things like custom prefix (secret), default path/index and api url.

2 Likes

Hi Tor,
There was talk of a “Tutorial for dumbies” to convert my ENG to SCRT.

Also I have not found an Exchange that supports SCRT. where are you up to in that process ?

Have been holding & building my Enigma holdings for 3 years waiting for this positive moment so Well Done for the teams hardwork

Cheers Michael

Hi, you might be interested in reading through this page:

https://secretnodes.org/#/ss

Or watching this video showing a successful swap and staking via Keplr Wallet:

Thank you

I will read & watch to swap & stake.

Again thank you for your quick support

Cheers Michael

hi tor i’ve looked everywhere and need your help… i have scrt on my ledger nano s and i wish to swap some of it for usdt. how do i do this? ps it is not staked

Hi, you can send it to a supported exchange to trade (eg Binance). Be very careful to use the memo given by the exchange, and not only the deposit address.

USDT isn’t supported there, but you can trade to ETH or BTC and then to USDT

thanku for your quick response…i am in the usa so binance is not an option…

mm

You could tranfer to Coinspot Exchange who support SCRT . Convert to BTC & transfer back to your trading wallet for conversion to USD

cool! now that i know i have this option…i am going to go ahead a re- stake my secret :wink:

mm

someone know whats its this MEMO field on BINANCE exchange? where I found these items irs realy necesary fill these field? why? and most important where I found it? thanks its my first time with SCRT token and not its so friendly to me at moment, sure in short time I must to change my mind :wink: thanks to the comunity anyway!!

Welcome @SnowGhost

Memo is an optional parameter to a transaction, it can have many uses but exchanges such as Binance use it to share a wallet with many users, and the unique memo Binance gives you to use for the deposit transaction is what distinguishes your deposit from other users.

So the memo makes it cheap and easy for Binance to efficiently allocate the funds to your account whenever you deposit.
Yes it’s really necessary, otherwise you could have a long process with Binance to recover/allocate your funds from that shared wallet.

transaction completed !! If you add your SCRT address to the binace whitelist, it will double check email and authenticator, but the MEMO will no longer be necessary, these field are nor aviable if you enable that whitelist in your binance account, there is no problem, my SCRT are safe at home!

THNKS A LOT for thes express hoock me up!!! Taariq!!

That’s great to know, thanks for the tip!

Glad I could help.