Add a way to pay SCRT fees in sSCRT?

Hello, I am a new user of the Secret Network. I am wondering if this topic has been discussed by the team and if it is technically possible to implement. I have come across an issue that affects usability and privacy of the ecosystem, because SCRT is on a public chain and almost only accessible thru Binance exchange. It makes it really hard to create different wallets on the Secret Network without linking them together by sending traceable SCRT. Even if you would send sSCRT to an other wallet, it is impossible to transfer withdraw of create a view key if you don’t have any SCRT. Because Binance is almost the only exchange giving access to SCRT, and is slowly requiring KYC, it makes it really hard to have a real private DEFI eco system without using any central party or transferring SCRT from 1 wallet to an other, which links them ultimately. What I am saying is that it is very hard for a user of the Secret Network to use the s token between different wallets and keep total anonymity. Because you need to use a public chain to pay for the network fees and only Binance is making widely available and requiring KYC, we are stuck. One possible solution that I have read on telegram is to have an option to pay for SCRT fees in sSCRT I think it would be greatly appreciated by the community and a good step forward into reaching privacy, a human right. Also, there could have a way to create a view key on sSCRT for the first time without fee that you repay on your second transaction. That way, you can see your receive address for sSCRT, receive money and repay the create view key on the second transaction. You could then transfer to SCRT anonymously and as more exchanges add SCRT, we could be well positioned for reaching our goals. Did anybody discuss this subject, is it technically possible and what is your opinion on the subject?

Thank you all, Cheers

One other solution could be that we have a similar thing like localmonero.co but for SCRT. Users could sell small or bigger amounts locally with different options, thus purchasing low amounts of SCRT and have new wallets. Although both could be applied simultaneously and it would be very great progress. Just my 2 cents

Just to bring this topic up again. I also have the problem, that I created a new address for public transactions and sent some sSCRT to it. After that one is totally stuck, because all fees have to be paid in SCRT which you cannot transfer privately. There should be a possibility to have a private address for public transactions which is not connected to your address, where the main funds are stored. I also would appreciate a short term solution how to get some SCRT for converting the sSCRT to SCRT or at least creating the viewing key for sSCRT. But it really needs to be a solution for this problem longterm if the privacy feature wants to be seriously used!

Hey,

there is a solution for this :slight_smile:

You can either use the twitter faucet by stakely or come to the discord and ask for a pizza in the Secret pizza channel. Since the people in this channel supply many different people and have a separate address from yours it is impossible for people to trace your address via the blockexplorer to you again.

you can follow this guide to create a private wallet

Thank you for the solution, I quite appreciate your help! I got a tip in discord because unfortunately the faucets 0.012 was not enough to convert the sSCRT on my side with Keplr which wanted approx. 0.06x on average fee. Should one set the fee manually to 0.012 (low fee proposal was not going through for me)?

Yeah i have heard more of this, we should contact the team to let them know that our fees are a little higher

Yes, this should be looked at by the dev team. The easiest way for the user it is to make it possible to pay for their viewing keys in sscrt.

1 Like

there are a lot of complications on why this is currently not possible, feel free to take it up in the upcoming development committee meeting to learn more.

Thank you, I know how to find the dev team. I would like a written answer that everyone can check, if that is possible.

1 Like

I’m even newer to Secret. However I’ve found this Smart Contract which seems to do exactly what this thread is looking for…

https://blackbox.cash (Cloak button/function).

Deadrop is something else, but also potentially very useful.

Haven’t used this yet… will be soon once I’ve planned out my Secret chain strategy…