BizDev Committee Funding Proposal
This proposal is for the on-chain funding period 01 October 2021 to 31 December 2021.
The Committee exists to primarily support the enrichment of the application layer of Secret Network and become a community-led Growth incubator.
This will include several initiatives including:
- Fostering relationships with existing developers on Secret Network to understand ongoing developments;
- Supporting and funding the upskilling of new community developers and empower them by helping them find roles within the ecosystem;
- Collaborating with Secret Agents to build a database of dApps across various ecosystems that have already explored multichain deployment;
- Support the Governance Committee’s CCBL and fund or incubate teams that can build the desired products;
- Periodically report on advances in the cryptocurrency ecosystem to better understand the opportunities available to Secret Network;
- Increase Secret Network’s exposure by attending several pertinent East Coast cryptocurrency conferences (funded and attended by Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm) in a grassroots effort to onboard VC’s and developers. This will harmonise with efforts from the Secret Foundation, the Awareness Committee and Secret Agents; and
- Aim to grow Secret Network through boots on the ground efforts while evangelizing developer growth, sourcing developers and ultimately creating an incubator for applications/architecture networking with talent from other chains.
- Onboard new community developers to support their development and team building;
- Attend cryptocurrency events to secure VC’s, developers and interchain relationships;
- Develop relationships from outside of the Secret Network community to help facilitate deployment of applications/architecture on Secret Network;
- Update the EVM-Compatibility report previously prepared by Riaz | Orageux101; and
- Create reports on the state of insurance protocols, decentralised launchpads and cloud computing on the blockchain.
While the proposed committee leads cannot guarantee success in obtaining funding in the future, it hopes to:
- Empower a community developer to assist in team-building and development of dApps;
- Continue building developer relationships by way of hackathons. This would help find potential talent for the Network who will be able to learn and be supported by more experienced developers from within the Network;
- Create a DAO that would allow a revenue-sharing model in dApps developed by the community.
The BizDev Committee asks to be compensated for lead roles and a discretionary budget.
The purpose of the discretionary budget is to support community developers to empower them to create decentralised applications. These will include dApps that the community have put forward, via the Community Curated Bounty List, and dApps that have seen significant traction across the cryptocurrency space.
Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm = 3,000 SCRT / month | 15-20 hours per week
- Twenty years of professional experience as a private business owner, VC and entrepreneur;
- Successfully founded and scaled an art wholesale company to $7m annual revenue;
- Sat on the board of Mulvihill Electric LLC where he secured Goldman Sachs as an equity partner;
- VC and current consultant to a “best-in-state” marijuana company with over $300m annual revenue and growth of 250% per annum; and
- Long-term active validator on Secret Network.
Riaz | Orageux101 = 3,000 SCRT / month | 15-20 hours per week
- Four years of professional experience in restructuring services with three years at a global big-four firm;
- Joined the Secret Agent program in January 2021 and has worked with various teams in the community including Enigma, Secret Foundation and Committees across various initiatives;
- An avid researcher of cryptocurrency projects with a focus on smart contract platforms and associated applications/architecture; and
- The most loved person on the Secret Network Telegram.
The discretionary budget will primarily exist to support the upskilling of community developers and funding the development of dApps. A breakdown of the discretionary budget will be provided at the end of the funding period. Any unutilised amounts in the discretionary budget will be rolled over to the subsequent period.
Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm = 3,000 SCRT / month
Riaz | Orageux101 = 3,000 SCRT / month
Discretionary Budget = 10,000 SCRT
Total Proposal Spend for 3 Months: 28,000 SCRT