Hi all, building on a discussion raised on the Governance call today:
We currently have a number of known needs for the network and opportunities for people to step in and take substantial leadership positions for compensation.
To name a few:
- Awareness: this committee needs substantial support and stewardship, especially if we want to allow @Brendan and others to take more direct focus on Secret Agents and community onboarding (another massive public good for the ecosystem).
- Business Development: with @scrtISLAND likely stepping away soon from this committee, it would be great to have more community leadership working in tandem with Enigma, Secret Foundation, and others in driving new opportunities for integrations and growth.
- Development: we need someone (or someones) who can be a substantial resource for new developers in our ecosystem looking to get onboarded with Secret App development, as well as for existing developers looking for support, best practices, and other guidance.
There are a few options for filling these needs, some more centralized than others. For example, an entity could directly recruit for these part time opportunities and pay contributors directly. However, that’s likely not a good long term solution (despite some short term efficiencies).
Another option is for a group of contributors to craft a Request for Lead - clearly laying out responsibilities for potential leads (perhaps in the form of a charter) but allowing community members to “pitch” themselves into these open positions, as opposed to having Leads ideate their own committees.
There’s a ton of immediate needs and opportunities to get paid within the ecosystem right now. The questions from my perspective are:
- what is going to be efficient and effective now?
- what is going to be a sustainable approach?
- how do we make the maximum number of people aware of these opportunities? (not just becoming Leads, but all open projects / bounties?)
#3 has a lot to do with how the Agents program evolves going forward and how well we can capture broad community interest. Ultimately what we’re looking for is existing community members ready to take the next step of involvement and ownership, by whatever means will get us to the best outcomes for the network.
I know @Stefan-001 and some others had thoughts - please post here if you have ideas on how to move forward!