Enigma Community Update: June 5, 2020

May 22 - June 5

Hi everyone! This is our next installment of Enigma’s community updates. Our goal is to be as transparent and collaborative as possible, and we appreciate all your insights and perspectives. Below is a summary of what we have been doing since Friday, May 22. You may review our current sprint (ending June 7) documented on this GitHub project board .

Highlight: Secret Network Development Update ~ May 2020

Summary

Enigma’s dev team has made significant progress toward achieving milestone 3 of 3 on the path to enabling secret contracts on Secret Network, which means compiling and running a full node with wasmi inside SGX with encryption abilities. All basic functionality for executing CosmWasm contracts in a secure enclave is now implemented and continues to be tested! The compute module is almost ready for public testing, and we are looking forward to exploring the many use cases for secret contracts! Keep an eye out for improvements to this evolving documentation, and let us know any feedback.

build.scrt.network

Lately, our team has been focused on the cryptography elements of the secret protocol. This means encrypted inputs, outputs and state. We’d appreciate any feedback on our new documentation of Secret Network’s encryption specifications!

Our community is planning an incentivized test called the Secret Games, involving SCRT rewards for testnet validators who have nodes equipped with Intel SGX, along with rewards for developers and other members of the community. Join the conversation happening in our RocketChat, and stay tuned for detailed updates! In the meantime, you can fill out this form to indicate your interest.

Most Referred Topics

Community Participation

Enigma Governance Working Group

Next meeting: 2020-06-12T18:00:00Z

This week, we mostly discussed learnings from the Cosmos Governance Working Group. I believe our common goal is to maximize participation and empower all kinds of stakeholders. Secret Hub and Cosmos are greater than the sum of their zones. Apparently, the meta question is what kinds of proposals are in the scope of the Secret Hub.

Everyone is welcome to share any thoughts in our weekly calls. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and Enigma’s core team is grateful for your contributions! Please let us know if you need help submitting a proposal using our on-chain governance module.

Reply in this thread with any ideas or questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry Guys, I’m more than thoroughly confused with Enigma and Secret Network. I’m a holder of Enigma and have been trying to keep up with all the news and changes. Are we having a token swap now or at some point in the future? What is the best place to keep up to date with all of the changes so that Enigma Holders (like myself) know what’s going on ? If you have Enigma in your Wallet at this moment, is there anything else to do right now ?
Let me be more specific and summarize:

1. Do Holders of Enigma need to participate in a Token Swap of any kind now or in the near future.
  2. What is the best social media platform to follow for official announcements and information for holders of Enigma? If this is a SECRET social media platform, please state so and which one?
    Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
1 Like