Greetings Secret Network community!
It is my honor and privilege to announce that I am joining the Secret Foundation as the Marketing & Community Manager. I am beyond excited to push the boundaries of what is possible as a community - growing quickly, adapting rapidly, and creating content and awareness however and wherever possible.
For me, privacy is personal.
As a published author that has written about blockchain, my three years of research revealed something quite simple. The primary attributes of blockchain are decentralization, immutability, and censorship resistance. And yet, there is a key 4th attribute that must be enabled and empowered in order to bring blockchain to a truly global scale.
That attribute is privacy.
This is what Secret Network empowers. It’s why I am here. Because I truly believe that Secret Network has the people, users, developers, and creators to make this all possible. I’ve seen firsthand the strength of this community to work through hard moments to bring us to where we are today.
Resilience. Determination. Passion.
These are the attributes of the Secret Network community that stand out to me that I want to help continue to foster.
- Created 60+ articles/videos surrounding blockchain and Secret Network
- I’m a published blockchain author that spent 3+ years researching blockchain & cryptocurrency
- Wrote the Secret Network Graypaper (with the help of many)
- Led the Secret Network education committee
- Assisted with a range of governance discussions and proposals
- Have run a validator node on Secret Network
- Active in the privacy blockchain domain since 2017
- B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Business w/Finance Emphasis, Mathematics minor
As we push onwards with Secret Network into this new decade, I would like to make an addendum to Chris Dixon’s well known blockchain quote. “There are 4 eras of currency: Commodity based, politically based, math based, and finally privacy focused.”
I will do everything in my power to make this a reality. Feel free to reach out to me on twitter, telegram, and discord. I look forward to working with you all!
Onwards and upwards,
-Carter Woetzel (Secret Foundation Marketing & Community Manager)