Education Committee Charter/Formation

This marks the official charter and intent of the education committee. KPIs are now being actively tracked, and mark the beginning of targeted goals that the education committee lead can now be held accountable for by the community and the committee. As a committee lead I am excited to help push this group to the next level. We have had over 15+ people on many of the education calls, now it is a matter of effectively mobilizing the talent that exists in this ecosystem.

Would love to have your feedback as much time went into getting this first step “right”. The way I view it is that we are off to the races after this.

-Carter Woetzel / Education Committee Lead / Secure Secrets

6 Likes

Awesome work Carter! I included your statement about the Committee Lead in the Awareness charter as well. One question from @can was who has authority over the committee lead, and how can he/she be removed if not meeting standards? I had to think about that one myself and I’m not sure I know how to respond to him.

1 Like

@Brendan
The way I view it is that the Secret Foundation is the proxy for the community and escrow. If KPIs are not being met by a committee lead, then funding is cut from the Committee Lead as well as the title and permissions that exist as a benefit of said position. In terms of a formalized process, I suppose you could have some sort of vote on Puzzle, or another tool such that the community could vote after the Secret Foundation initiates the vote (or someone in the community). Just food for a thought.

2 Likes

Looks great. I really like what you’ve put together @Carter-Woetzel! Content seems to be the main KPI, which makes sense. Are we tracking different content ideas on the playbook that we use for awareness as well? I would like us to create more video content, whether for general public, users of secretApps (like secretSCRT atm) and developers.

I’m curious how funding for different committees work? I recommend the transactions between the foundation and the committees and how funds are being used within committees is reported with transparency, without really hurting efficiency of committees.

1 Like

@can thank you for your feedback. We are absolutely prioritizing (a) Video content (b) Static Graphics (particularly this for November). Concerning funding for committee leads, I’m 100% open to having funding be publicly visible and would prefer it that way. As a committee lead, I will be starting weekly and monthly transparency reports that talk about what I have accomplished, what I am working on, as well as funding.

1 Like

Well done to all that have worked so hard.
I as a Community member Thank You.
Definitely moving in the right direction & reading relies the great ideas keep coming

1 Like
4 Likes

Well done Carter.
I too see that in the next decade questions will be asked about how we freely gave away the most valuable asset in the world, personal data & information.
Like you Carter have been excited since 17 about the prospect that this project could change the way we guard our privacy.
Congrats on your passion & work ethic. 10 more like you & SCRT will be unstoppable

2 Likes

@can I think what will definitely help with content creation is the brand book being finished. I personally am waiting on some visual elements for the planning of some explainer type videos. I also just put out a video not sure if I linked you, but for the sSCRT on Keplr: https://youtu.be/WckkRRpASRA

2 Likes

Thank you @Brendan ,
Your presentation was excellent & converted to sSCRT first go.
Cheers

1 Like