Secret network license change

To keep it simple I won’t go into detail on all of the resources that Slabs has.
Since it is much simpler to agree on Ecosystem Pool, I will just give it as an example.

## Introducing the Ecosystem Pool!

One of the greatest successes in the Secret ecosystem to date has been the on-chain community pool, which has led to several successful initiatives in its short existence (e.g., Puzzle Explorer, Keplr wallet, Holodeck testnet, and many others). Looking at other major networks, it’s clear that a significant, well-established ecosystem fund could greatly assist with Secret Network’s growth and adoption. Many initiatives, such as development grants and user-acquisition strategies like yield farming campaigns, require such a fund to exist.

For this reason, we’re launching a dedicated Ecosystem Pool that will provide a meaningful source of funding for projects and initiatives being built on Secret Network for years to come. As mentioned above, it will begin with 20M SCRT allocated to fueling Secret Network’s growth and securing its sustainability.

The Ecosystem Pool separates itself from the community pool in several ways:

1. It is meant to support any activities that contribute to network interests as a whole and is not limited to supporting development activities (though this would play a major part)
2. Given its magnitude (more than 20 times that of the current on-chain community pool), it can help support bigger and longer-lasting initiatives

Specifically, here are some of the things we expect the Ecosystem Pool to assist with:

** Supporting the upcoming reward mining campaigns (bridge and AMM liquidity mining)*
** Provide non-dilutive seed-stage support to companies building major applications on Secret Network. Unlike simple occasional grants, this is meant to help kick-start serious teams and companies that dedicate themselves to building on the network. The benefits here will likely not be only financial, but will also include mentoring from existing community members and developers*
** Supporting major network improvements and products (e.g., secret oracles, light-client verification inside of secure enclaves, FHE, and Differential Privacy integrations)*
** Community initiatives and events*

I guess you must be accepting that Ecosystem Pool is a community resource.

It’s not being used as a community resource and isn’t governed by community governance, and is (as I understand it) being converted into more of a classic ‘labs uses for VC investment/seed’ per other discussions on forum. This argument doesn’t prove what you want it to ;p (also, grants from the pool haven’t been deployed for these mpc/fhe use cases ATM iirc)

1 Like

The resources argument is irrelevant, as these are SCRT Labs funds. We’re still open to offering FHE research grants - that hasn’t changed, but I don’t see the logic in a circular “we’re investing our own resources into our own FHE research” - since that is a given, but is also orthogonal.

As mentioned, I’m open to license changes proposals, ideas, and most importantly suggestions. On our behalf, we will vote against anything that doesn’t capture protection for Secret Network and benefits SCRT holders. My guess is most people will agree with this logic, and all other (valid!) claims brought here would be considered secondary, but they are important to consider.

Yep, exactly this. It doesn’t seem relevant to the discussion

First of all, you must put your last license change to the vote. Don’t you think this is a fair request? Because what appears now is nothing but a coup de’tat.

You also acknowledge that all the proposals we’ve made for parameter changes as a community before and after this now have no effect. For example, there was a proposal to limit Validators to a maximum of 10% voting power. Since this requires a change in the codes, it actually was demecracy play with no real effect. You’ve also nullified all subsequent community votes. Because even if the proposals are accepted, as Secretlabs, you have the right not to make any changes you don’t want in the codes.

1 Like

This is not true.

" In terms of initial governance, and in the interest of continuing our fast pace of evolution as an ecosystem, the pool will be co-managed by the Secret Foundation and Enigma. We are actively looking for ways to involve more parties in the community in the process of operating the fund. Seeing the success of other network committees, one such option would be to establish a dedicated Ecosystem Pool Committee which would proactively seek worthwhile endeavors or review proposals."

The Secret Foundation part should be considered moot after Tor defrauded community / was deauthorized by the network in regards to foundations prior role. As for the other aspects, the other option you quoted hasn’t resulted in another group being designated. cc @Deneme

1 Like

First the ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you.

We have witnessed the " ignore" many times, sometimes almost blatantly when reading media that mentions privacy . We haven’t even really been mocked too much. Still at ignore stage.

When they come to fight us this license change will be a blessing.

Any “traditional” crypto plays will not play out with SN. The intent is to never let such innovation hit the masses .We are dangerous. SN will help kickstart the fair freefolk future.,

Almost 400k SCRT was sold at 2725 sats … Why dump so much? Nothing keeps price low like price. High price gets dev eyes.

As long as Slabs wants their decedents and ours to not live in cages , they will stay genuine imo.

There is a shift to an amazing abundance coming to Earth . The last attempts to prevent that is happening in real time. Keep building. We will all be surprised

how amazing it all is this time next year.

3 Likes

This is concerning to me, as Darwinzer0 has been one of the earliest contributors to the network outside of SLabs and his work is truly valued. Finding developers who actually contribute to network code aside from dApps has proven to be very rare.

The fact that there are no other privacy networks with smart contracts live on mainnet, still after 2 years of our network launching, is evident that there is a significant barrier to entry to compete in this space - one that deserves to be protected from copycats that can take advantage our advanced efforts. I would not be surprised if there were factors that weigh into this decision that we are not privy to and this was a strategic move, even though prior community discussion would have been appreciated.

If SCRT Labs does not own Secret Network and that the protections were put in place to protect all contributors of the network, can amendments be made that would include decentralized contributors to make edit privileges to the network? Forking protections still in place.

unfortunately this is no longer true, oasis does now have live private contracts on main, but yes it did still take time

Ahh thanks for the correction - any indication that code was copied?

no afaik, but I haven’t deep dived
pretty sure they’re using a different SGX shim layer so i’d be pretty surprised tho

1 Like