I'm going to ask Keplr for some features, let me know if you want anything else requested

Hi guys,

I’m going to ask Keplr for some features,

1. Emit when chain has been chained, like when account has been changed.
  2. For Secret Network (possibly others), enable asking for all tokens in wallet for chain (e.g. Want to know for secret-2 chain which tokens I have in my wallet)
  3. Enable ability to change the chain on the extension via the web interface.

let me know if you want anything else requested / any issues / any questions.

1. Emit when chain has been chained, like when account has been changed.

Hopefully, this is what you’re looking for.

window.addEventListener("keplr_keystorechange", () => {
    console.log("Key store in Keplr is changed. You may need to refetch the account info.")
})

Hey unfinishedUsernam,

funny name by the way.

That emits something when the account has been chained, I’m looking for something when the chain has been chained, ie holodeck to secret-2 etc

1 Like

Keplr doesn’t have the concept of a “selected” network. All configured networks are available to applications iirc

Hey Reuven yeah that’s right, but for ui/ux reasons we were thinking it’d feel safer if the selected chain in the extension reflected what was on the screen.

It feels a bit scary and off putting for new comers when these things aren’t 100% aligned.

What do you reckon?

hmm… I’m not sure what the best UX is. I know what people are used to from ethereum and metamask, but personally i prefer that the website just uses the correct network configuration itself without me having to intervene. It reduces room for error.
We had an issue in the bridge initially where we didn’t verify that metamask was set to the right network, and some people lost funds that way. Obviously that’s our fault for not checking that configuration in metamask, but if we could just tell metamask “use mainnet/testnet” for this transaction then no user input would have been needed to get it right.

1 Like