Fiat onramp on scrt.network

Title says it all. I think this would extremely reduce the barrier of entry to the network.

It should be fairly easy (enlist an existing payment provider that allows you to buy ETH/BTC/stable and implicitly transfer it to SCRT). We’d love to support this with a grant.

Clearly the website committee (or any contributor) should approve this and add this to the website.

7 Likes

Hey Guy,

Citadel.One integrated MoonPay into their application. While it doesn’t allow you to buy SCRT directly, it does allow you to buy many other cryptocurrencies, which you can then exchange for SCRT within the app. I’m not sure if it’s MoonPay or Citadel.One that is powering the exchange functionality, but it’s the closest thing I’ve seen so far to a fiat onramp for SCRT, so it might be worth talking to them and seeing if we can get SCRT supported directly on MoonPay.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, Can was talking to Fiat On-Ramps to integrate Secret Network. Did anything come of that?

I find it unnecessary to have a dedicated onramp for SCRT, where instead, you could probably just make the two step process transparent for the user. The two steps being:

1. Purchase a supported crypto
  2. Swap it for SCRT
1 Like

If that’s the case, it sounds like Citadel.One already has this set up. Here’s a screenshot showing it. Maybe we just need to work with them to advertise this better?

How about using ramp.network?

They could probably include scrt in their list. Loads of other chains are already available.

a SCRT fiat onramp is now available via Secretswap.net

Looks like they aren’t supporting SCRT with USD purchase. Obviously there are lots of users from other countries but this might be a barrier.

When I followed your link to secretswap it gave me this: “We are not supporting SCRT mainnet network with USD Credit/Debit card”

Obviously we all know how to buy another crypto on an exchange and swap for SCRT (I generally use Osmois Zone). But reducing such barriers and making it as easy as possible for users to get into SCRT would further drive adoption.

1 Like