DEFI Limit Orders - Community Spend Proposal

Thanks to everyone who voted.

I will regularly update the initial post with how the communities’ funds are being spent and am open to questions and suggestions.

1 Like

FYI:

With some of the funding, we have created a public grpc api for the community to use:

https://grpc.mainnet.secretsaturn.net

Thank you @SecretSaturn for setting up and maintaining and thanks to the community for funding.

5 Likes

FYI:

With some of the funding, we signed up to the paid annual subscription for the coingecko api. If you want access, hit me up.

Steve

2 Likes

Unfortunately this falls short of a Dark Dex because all trading information is public. If this were to be deployed on a transparent CosmWasm chain it would make sense - but as it stands this community spend proposal doesn’t seem to leverage any of Secret Network’s unique features.

What is the point of ‘Secret Network’ when apps like this don’t take advantage of the Secret part?

Hi Harry,
The plan right now is not to have the information public, but it will be available to the btn.group team, so you might as well assume it’s public.

I disagree with idea that everything on Secret Network has to be secret. As you may know, all the DEXes on Secret Network have public information. If Secret Network only dealt with totally private dapps, you’d have to have all Secret Network users leave the network to do any trades…

I don’t understand your reasoning as to why the information should be kept private from the public but available to btn.group, can you elaborate?

The current AMM DEXs on secret network only reveal the bare minimum amount of necessary information (which could be inferred anyway given pricing and the transaction graph is public) - if Secret Network had gas payer anonymity the level of privacy would be much greater.

But the initial implementation of this Limit Order proposal reveals lots of data about the participants which is not functionally necessary - and the removal of de-anonymizing information would not inhibit the functionality of the Limit Order proposal in any way. Making this data available only to btn.group is not necessary either.

Hi Harry

1. I don’t understand your reasoning as to why the information should be kept private from the public but available to btn.group, can you elaborate?

We don’t mind either way regarding this situation but we held a poll on our telegram and most wanted the info to be kept private from the public to begin with. Later on that might change.

2. The current AMM DEXs on secret network only reveal the bare minimum amount of necessary information (which could be inferred anyway given pricing and the transaction graph is public) - if Secret Network had gas payer anonymity the level of privacy would be much greater.

Yes, it is extremely easy to match up a user to the exact trade they did, with a different process to what you have described.

3. But the initial implementation of this Limit Order proposal reveals lots of data about the participants which is not functionally necessary - and the removal of de-anonymizing information would not inhibit the functionality of the Limit Order proposal in any way. Making this data available only to btn.group is not necessary either.

The initial implementation of the limit order proposal will reveal barely any data about the participants. The data must be made available to btn.group so that our bots can process the orders.

We will be releasing more info sooner than later. Come join us on telegram or discord as we give daily updates and it’s easier to ask questions and respond with images etc there.