(Community Spend Proposal) Citadel.one to integrate SNIP-20 tokens, sSCRT Converter, and Secret Bridges into Mobile & Web Versions

Thank you @anon60841010 @laura & all for your extensive feedback!

We’ve closely considered all the possible opportunities and decided to request funding of 100 000 SCRT solely for the mobile integration. That is being said, for the web version, we are still going to proceed with the development even though all the costs will be covered by the team. It is our strongest belief that SNIP-20 integration into both web and mobile versions of Citadel.one will bolster the onboarding of new users into the Secret ecosystem.

Going to push the on-chain proposal closely.

2 Likes

@tor @anon60841010 @guy would option 2 proposed by @laura’s work?

1 Like

Happy New Year for tonight Vlad

Mate, Not sure I would describe our collection of minds as " Indifferent ".

Obviously a typo But these things matter Vlad.

Again Happy 2021

Sorry Vlad,

My turn to appologise

misread so will take your compliment as given
Again enjoy your New Year

1 Like

@anon60841010
agree that the 100k SCRT is a big chunk of the pool ( just for the mobile element )
Laura indicated her support for the full proposal.
option 2 with 1/3 funded by the pool would seem to be the way forward
Have to delegate to you guys as to the true merit but this would make 2 large spends in quick time.
So your caution is a valid argument.

1 Like

The major benefit that I can see from your proposal is the exposure your users will get to our ecosystem. Therefore I think your proposal will be improved if you can speak in terms of exposure, reach and return on investment. I think this can be achieved by a couple of things.

1. Provide data on how many of your users hold the erc20 tokens that will be part of the bridge
  2. Provide data on the $ value of the wallets that hold the erc20 tokens that will be part of the bridge.

In addition, I think it will be an extra value to our ecosystem if you advertise and market to your users in order to increase the on boarding to our ecosystem. I think this can be achieved in several ways.

1. Place ads in your applications promoting the use of the secret ecosystem. I.ex The first thing your users see when they enter your application should be “convert your eth token to secretETH today!” And then a link to the conversion tool.
  2. Give reward incentives for people to swap their tokens into the snip20 format
  3. Give reward incentives for people to bridge mine

I think incorporating this information and these strategies into your proposal will help people see the value that you bring. If the numbers make sense, I’m 100% behind this proposal.

I do agree with @anon60841010 that other funding avenues via the foundation or ecosystem fund, should be explored as well.

3 Likes

@neshtedle @_iamVlad

I like your proposal. I would also like to see the following implemented in your application.

Include secret network on the iOS description.
Include secret network on the app home page with description
Include secret network on each advertisement in the ap
Include secret network bridge mining incentives
Have a prompt at each of the erc20 token wallet to covert to secreterc20. For example, whenever a user accesses link, have a prompt for the user to conger to secret link. Or to bridge mine link.

This creates tremendous value for secret network. And if you include these as part of proposal, I have a hard time imagining how anyone can say no.

https://forum.scrt.network/t/how-should-the-community-pool-be-used-going-forward/2363

Whether you are For or Against the merits of this large project.
The big question is how & who should fund large projects going forward
Encourage all to have a say on this topic

Hello, secret agents! New Year holidays have passed and Citadel.one is back to work :slightly_smiling_face:

We got a response from Enigma, and found out that Ecosystem pool was not designed to fund our proposal, thus, we will proceed with the community pool proposal.

I would also like to clear out some misleading points that have been made by some of the community members regarding the proposal and comment on other responses:

1. The proposal not only includes snip20 compatibility, but also more advanced features:

a. Add SNIP-20 tokens to Citadel.one

b. Create viewing key

c. Send SNIP-20 tokens, add memo, set transaction commission

d. View SNIP-20 transactions history

e. SCRT -> secretSCRT / secretSCRT -> SCRT converter

f. Add AAVE, SNX, MKR, LINK, TUSD, YFI, UNI, KNC, COMP, DAI, BAND and OCEAN to Citadel.one (+ make transactions, add memo, set transaction commission, view transactions history)

g. Secret bridge

1. Waiting for Cosmostation or Keplr to add same functionality to their wallets does not seem possible in the near future, because both Cosmostation and Keplr are Cosmos SDK wallets and they don’t support ERC20 tokens.

2. For the same reason this proposal cannot be considered a double-spending, cause none of the mobile wallets or web platforms like puzzle.report have or even plan to have same functionality at all.

3. Proposal only includes spendings for mobile wallet integration of snip20 (1), all supported ERC20 tokens (2), a SCRT-sSCRT converter (3) and Secret Bridge (4).
    Same features for citadel.one web platform (1,2,3,4) + Secret Network staking (5), Ledger support for Secret (6) and Secret staking for mobile are integrated using Citadel.one team own funds.

4. Citadel.one team has no intention to drain or loot Secret Network Community Pool anyhow, while we all are interested in long term network growth. Citadel.one is an active Secret ecosystem contributor: we made prior integrations free of charge, we are one of the node operators involved in Secret Bridge maintenance, we also take part in committees, helped to start russian and french secret communities,
    provide 24/7 support to all secret network users. More than that, we agreed to lower down the request and agreed to integrate all those features to web version for free. Thus, taking into account all mentioned above, we find it inappropriate to refer to Citadel.one as looters.
    Moreover 100 000 SCRT will be reaccumulated within 3-4 months which is right around the period when all proposed integrations will be finished.

5. There is an opinion that such integrations are not necessary and we can wait. Proposed integrations are the major developments of Secret Network so far. Of course, we can wait a year or three untill the price goes up, but without a convenient tool that has all major secret developments gathered in one friendly interface both on mobile and web, seems essential to us, especially during this alt bull run, when many investors will be turning their eyes towards new projects. It is essential to demonstrate that we not only have developments made, but also convenient tools to use them.
    Mobile app will help to onboard new users that prefer simplicity, web version will be also suitable for advanced users.

6. All integrations mentioned in the proposal will be open-sources. Each milestone from the roadmap will be divided to subtasks and added to Jira atlassian. For each task in Jira our developers will be adding github branches. More than that we will add additional optimization to make this code more convenient to fork and use outside of citadel.one.

7. As for the marketing and future support of Secret Network by citadel.one. We have long term plans for Secret Network and as already mentioned above - are one of the most active ecosystem contributors. We will launch an extensive marketing campaign to promote proposed integrations and organize 24/7 tech and info support.
    Some of the suggestions made by @Cryptojoe we also planning to add, namely:
    both iOS and Android will have secret network descriptions + there will be a secret token page. Also we consider adding a promo card on citadel.one landing page

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Some of the points that you made I find misleading again.
Regarding the features proposed, their value for secret network and community pool spending please, refer to the proposal itself and my previous comment. All arguments has been stated there.
This proposal and Citadel.one has nothing to do with ecosystem fund. Please discuss this issue in a designated forum topic.

1 Like

You are the one who are stating funding by the community pools rather then a combined contribution from the other pools so most Definitely this is the Right topic for Ian to again raise his & for that matter my concerns about such a large funding from our relatively small Pool at this time. ( " May not have any intention of draining the Loot " but unfortunately would be doing so )
As the value of SCRT follows the Bull run of ETH & BTC maybe in the future when BTC/SCRT has improve by 1000% then funding is not an issue ( stand alone by the pool ) BUT as it stands Now joint contribution is required thus lobbying of those Fund by Your Organisation would be greatly Appreciated as an Active Ecosystem Contributor. Enigma & the Ecosystem Fund may not be presently designed to Fund your project But again the one constant in life is Change. The recent dilution of holdings to add funds to those 2 organisations should be the Trigger for such Change.
As is Your proposal for 10% plus, of our 2.5%, of the total funds available for projects like yours, a Trigger for Us. Just good fiscal business.
A Merc AMG is a great car but if buying it puts you under fiscal stress, the Ford will get you from A to B & be fiscally responsible. You would follow that path in your business & as custodians of the Pool, we all should be as mindful

The pool will gain those 100k back in just about 3-4 months. This is enough to fund 3-4 big projects, 6-8 medium or 9-12 small projects a year at today’s rate and without the pool decrease. May be more in the future. If you defend the pool in the way you defend it now, very soon there will be no teams willing to work with secret network, and only big developers teams be left + small validators that don’t develop stuff but just validate the network. But, oh my precious, the community pool will be accumulating! This will create a huge gap between small and big validators, the scenario for this you can read here:

1 Like

Please read again our proposal, compare it with the previous community spends and let me know if the integrations (including those we already made on citadel.one behalf + those that we will make free of charge and those features for what we ask the funds for) are they not worth the money and can you ever call this a looting again?

Please, kindly review the features we propose in the main post and my comment to the proposal here:

This is very interesting how you been trying all the time to switch attention, depreciate or postpone this proposal either with making up another “more important” topic or with misleading comments or saying there are future events that allegedly are more important than our proposal. I’m not explicitly saying that it looks malicious, but very interesting.
Thank you, we’ve understood your position clearly. But there are 48 other validators with their own opinions on what’s the main focus of the community.

Vlad,
I am not a validator but a private investor who could see the potential of Enigma.
Do have a little real life business experience thus am voicing my concerns.
Not attacking you or your project as not qualified to do so but can run numbers so the sky is green & the grass is blue. It is the numbers that concern me & Why we can not get support from those with a much healthier balance sheet.

Keplr cost 200k cosmostation cost 250k but citadel one being unreasonable for asking 100k… Sure guys.
So what if its 10% of the pool what are you going to use the other 90% for?

Good to see you on the right topic pete.
Right now SCRT is very undervalued. So I am sure you would not sell off one of your 10 home units at 10% of the par market value during a low point. You would simply wait for the market to correct.
Again this is just one proposal so if each month an equally deserving project came forward then by the end of the year the fund is ZERO.
Finally if the other funds which control 97.5% of the available funds for these types of projects will Not chip in then either our system is broken or we have to question its value

In reality SCRT is at 2% of its BTC/SCRT price that it was when I first looked at Enigma & BOUGHT , which at the time had no real product.
If SCRT can Not get back to 20% of that BTC/SCRT price then we are all wasting our time & money because the broader community has told us SCRT is useless.
That is why Enigma & the Ecosystem funds need to be the leaders in these types of projects going forward. We just fill the gaps & will need every one of our SCRTs to just do that task.

Also worth mentioning that we will integrate those features that Keplr and Cosmostation integrated for 200k and 250k using citadel.one team own funds. We only ask funding for the developments that have not been proposed or integrated by any of the teams yet + web version of those features as a bonus on our team’s behalf.

Agreed they’re terrible comparisons. Actually I believe no proposal should ever be compared to other proposals in terms of the amount of SCRT. That’s why it’s so vital each community spend proposal includes a detailed breakdown of costs.

I appreciate Citadel.One’s contributions and engagement in the ecosystem. I don’t necessarily have strong feelings one way or another on this particular proposal at the present time. I do agree with Ian on some of his points about the urgency of this proposal. I don’t foresee any users lining up to use mobile functionality for the bridge. I foresee mobile functionality being similar to that of a tipbot where smaller amounts will be passed amongst friends or for certain small payments.

For me…there are just other things that garner more attention at the present point in time. We have to concentrate on the bridge launch and the AMM launch and how to make those products successful. I don’t want to divert too much energy (actually any) this month debating Governance and proposals.

1 Like

Those are completely different proposals as well. The comparison was made earlier in relation to the fact that what citadel.one is proposing is a completely different set of functionality, and those integrations that were made by cosmostation and Keplr, citadel.one will or already made without community funding.
As for the urgency, well, it also takes time to develop all this staff. All integrations will be finished after the launch of the bridge mining and amm.
Apart from the bridge there’s also a snip20 integration, too. The point of the proposal was to have all major secret developments gathered in one. Without having to use multiple sources (metamask, keplr, bridge website, cosmostation).

2 Likes