Hi All - I’m posting our community guidelines here for comment before implementing them on our various channels. Feel free to provide feedback here. These are pretty standard for online venues so probably not worth a formal proposal unless there is a lot of disagreement about the content.
Community purpose: The Secret public community channel is dedicated to fostering informed discussions about Secret Network’s development, advancements, and future potential.
1. Stay on Topic:
- Keep discussions relevant to the community, the technology, and the community’s purpose.
2. No Spamming:
- Avoid excessive repetitive content, self-promotion, or advertising.
3. Respectful Behavior:
- Treat all members with respect and kindness. Harassment, bullying, or any form of discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated.
4. No Hate Speech:
- Do not engage in hate speech, including racist, sexist, homophobic, or similar offensive language. Respect each other’s differences.
5. No Misinformation.
- Misinformation refers to any inaccurate, false, misleading, or deceptive information, or personal opinions presented as factual. This includes but is not limited to: fabricated news, hoaxes, conspiracy theories, altered images or videos, unverified claims, and distorted statistics.
6. Be Mindful of Language:
- Use appropriate language and tone. The overuse of profanity, or vulgar language, will not be tolerated.
7. No Personal Attacks:
- Critique ideas, not individuals. Disagreements are fine, but personal attacks and name-calling are not acceptable.
8. Protect Privacy:
- Do not share personal or confidential information about yourself or others. Respect privacy and data protection.
9. Report Inappropriate Content:
- If you come across content that violates community rules, report it to the moderators for appropriate action.
10. Multiple Accounts:
- Each community member should use only one account. Using multiple accounts, especially for the purpose of bypassing strikes or influencing community sentiment, can lead to strikes or banning.
11. No Impersonation:
- Do not impersonate other members, moderators, or individuals. Be genuine in your interactions.
12. Keep it Legal:
- Do not discuss or participate in illegal activities.
13. Participate Responsibly:
- Be an active and positive participant in the community. Your contributions shape the community’s environment.
If at any point in time anyone feels as though an admin or foundation staff is abusing these rules or otherwise unfairly applying them, please contact me with the name(s) of the admin who did so and we can explore mitigation options.
Thanks for the suggestion. We can certainly explore a recourse process as well as an appeal process.
I’m not exactly sure what you mean? Its not a suggestion for your process, its an option I’m offering to people on the receiving end of foundation staff that abuse the rules and it’s a standing offer for anyone who is subject to such abuses. I’m just letting people know.
I’m grateful for this, Lisa. Just now, someone new was welcomed into the community by a flame war between the usual culprits.
Love the mitigation threat above, as well.
Looking forward to seeing the new rules enacted posthaste.
Thanks for the suggestion, @thecryptory. We’d like to speed through the process as well!
There has been no specific feedback to the posted guidelines besides moving the process forward quickly, so I’m going to assume they are fine as written. If you’ve been thinking about your response and still want to offer input, please get your comments in today.