Proposal: Meet JACKAL

Hey SCRT Team,

We are the JACKAL Team and wondering what the interest would be for a partnership with us. Were building a decentralized file storage solution using the Secret Network that is fee-free using the Pylon Protocol also.

Our long term goal is to be a DAO that provides cyber security, digital forensics, and investigation professional services along with our decentralized file storage product.

Our lite paper is below,

Cheers,
JACKAL Team

2 Likes

Thanks for the response EasyRider, we appreciate all the feedback we can get on our project :slight_smile:

What would be your ideal ownership distribution? Our Lite Paper is just a working document and growing with us.

We are currently planning on airdropping 10% ownership, 10% for pylon gateway investors if accepted, and 5% in Seed. Let us know what you think here or reach out to us directly in our discord! J A C K A L

I was told there would be an airdrop for Secret holders. How many secret for how many coins, i am trying to decide how many of which coins in my cosmos i should holdā€¦ also running my own project and will be contacting either secret or cosmos in the near futureā€¦ rEaL

1 Like

They did an AMA over Telegram yesterday and responded to questions regarding their upcoming airdrop.

Q: WEN AIRDROP???

Emory | JACKAL Lead Economist [3/12/2022 12:18 PM]

A: ā€œAirdrop will probably be within the next month. Please stay tuned to our social media channels. Youā€™ll have plenty of time to delegate your stake!ā€

Patrick D. | JACKAL Labs

A: ā€œlol. Full details will be coming out tomorrow or Mondayā€ [3/12/2022 12:18 PM]

They also have a currently ongoing incentivized test net, which you can find more info on how to participate & what they are looking for in terms of feedback here:

As far as specific details regarding the airdrop qualification / allocation goes, usually projects tend to try and limit how much info they provide to reduce chances of gaming it. However, on their website they have an airdrop section which currently reads:

ā€œJACKAL is still in early development. JKL Tokenomics are subject to change as the Economics Team conducts an economic review, to ensure JACKAL Nodes will always be incentivizedā€

Source

You can expect more concrete updates very soon, however it is safe to assume a qualification will be to have your SCRT staked with a non CEX validator (Coinbase, Kraken etc.) and to try and delegate to a validator outside the top 10-25 who is active in governance & maintains a high uptime. To be safe, you really want to stay away from the 0% commission validators and take some time to go through the list on MintScan. Do a bit of research into the validators and get an idea for how they contribute to the ecosystem. Most have links to their websites which provide further details about their operation.

Also, come and join us over in JACKALā€™s official Discord. The developers and rest of the team are extremely active and open to answering any questions you may have about the project.

They also will be allocating a portion of the airdrop to LUNA & ATOM delegates as well, if you are trying to optimize. Although I am pretty sure they mentioned a larger portion earmarked for SCRT.