Total and circulating supply scrt

Hello,
i’m unable to find the total and potentially circulating supply for the scrt network.
Does anybody have this information.

Thanks

Thanks for asking :slight_smile:

You can see total supply on Puzzle and SecretScan:

~ 69,325,523 SCRT (at the time of writing this reply)

Block rewards are funded through network-governed inflation, which is a dynamic rate based on how much is actually staked / bonded. Currently, our GoalBonded parameter is 67 percent, so when over two-thirds of the supply is staked, the inflation rate begins decreasing until it reaches and remains at the InflationMin of 7 percent. When under two-thirds of the supply is staked, the inflation rate begins increasing until it reaches and remains at the InflationMax of 15 percent.

You can learn more in this parameters wiki, created by the Cosmos Hub Governance Working Group.

1 Like

As of today, the total supply is now 178.044M SCRT according to SecretScan. How did the number of SCRT increase so much (from 69M SCRT to 178M SCRT) in 6 months. It was my understanding that the total SCRT supply was governed by the inflation rate which is capped at 15%. That would mean that the total SCRT supply should not exceed 79.35M (69 * 115/100), right?

just came across this comment and found it very interesting. Was looking at some reviews about scrt and apparently they minted an additional 50 million more scrt tokens in December for some reason ? something doesn’t seem quite right about what they have done here. would be interested to know scrt teams comments on this?

@crypto_enthusiast and @secret_maker , I think this blog post should answer most of your questions.
If you have any more, feel free to ask in the forum or in one of our chats (discord or telegram) :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply @reuven . The link you shared outlines a snapshot of the coin distribution but does not go into the history of how and when the coins were generated.

I’m not sure what you mean. Are you asking how the coins were minted?

@can or @tor maybe you’d like to add to this?

@reuven My query is about the 100M coins that seemingly should not exist if we take the total supply of 69M from 6 months ago (from @jlwaugh 's comment) and the current total supply of 178M. My math is a bit rusty but if the total supply was 69M 6 months ago, and the inflation rate cannot exceed 15%, then would that not put an upper limit on the number of coins that could possibly exist now (less than a year later later) at 79.35M (69 * 115/100)?

There was also a swap from ENG to SCRT that ran for around 6 months during 2020 and ended early January 2021. It was open to all ENG holders, and the extra coins originate from burned ENG. I think this was mentioned in the blog post i sent?

This swap is now closed, and you can expect future SCRT total supply to follow the expected inflation rate.

1 Like