SNAC Proposal: Web3 Emergency DAO System UkraineCivilianDAO

SNAC Grant

Purpose: Continue building a Web3 Emergency Framework that can be reused for similar situations like the one in the Ukraine for organising, mobilising aid to civilians.

Perceived Need: There is currently no real framework that actively allows those participating in decentralised communities to take a more active role in funding, mobilising and organisation in crisises. Additonally the Secret Community could benefit from having a more diverse cultural population as the Ukraine represents a large portion of the global tech sector with the founders of companies such as Paypal, Affirm, Solana being born there and companies such as Grammarly, GItlab, People.ai being created there. Google, Snap, Oracle, Ring all having significant workforces there. The IT sector grew over 20 percent last year. They legalised cryptocurrency. As this community is becoming more displaced, Ukrainian Web3 workers need a new home, why can’t it partially be Secret Network?

(Source: Ukraine Officially Legalizes Cryptocurrency, Ukrainians Actively Trade Crypto By DailyCoin) More sources available on request.

Qualifications: I have been working in technology and marketing since 2007 in many different industries in a freelance, employed capacity in startup, agency and corporate environments as well as marketing companies I created, managed, an ecommerce brand, and have built & managed teams in esports, hackathons, and early product building(what I’m doing now.). I have logged over 2100 hours in Web3.

You can read more about what I do on LinkedIn via my name Matt Shaver

Objectives:

• Fulfill the following objectives according to the whitepaper set out and establish a Web3 DAO emergency framework that can be reused and then productise this in a way that can benefit the ecosystem even more as well as people in crisis situations. See the whitepaper at UkraineCivilianDAO Whitepaper - Google Docs
  1. Organising
    Supply purchases
    Deliveries
    Financial assistance
    Private Evacuation

2. Funding
    Supply purchases
    Deliveries
    Financial assistance
    Evacuation

3. Supporting
    Ukraine Civilians

Launch role based voting to allow those in the community to vote on funding. Voting on funding is done by those who are in the manager role.

• Build community in Secret Network and Secret NFTs by bringing community members from this endeavour into Secret Network. An additional way to provide aid is by allowing community members to contribute to building out this product as part of the team if they have the right skills, qualifications.

Create more active community participation and expand what DAOs can be used for
By having a DAO based system civilians can actively better assist each other in crises like this one vs solely relying on larger non profits and large government. Encouraging more civilians to actively take part in working alongside government and others, this can lead to more unity and better success with organising and mobilising aid in times of crises. This can also be used to allow civilians to better organise aid and mobilise aid in cases when government bodies are not able to do so due to political reasons.

Deliverables and Timeline:

Phase 1: Have a fully working DAO that is functioning in all capacities associated with the roles in the Whitepaper and successfully organising, mobilising aid.

Deliverables:

• Weekly Updates
  • Transparent financials via Gnosis Safe
  • Fully functioning DAO and Discord that is successfully organising, mobilising and funding aid, deliveries

Ask: 5000 scrt – Timeline : 2 weeks

This initial SNAC proposal is asking for approval of funding for Phase 1 only as this is my first proposal request here and I will add additional phases involving a front end and incentivisation for users to take more active roles in crisis management.

Thank you for your time in reviewing: Matt