Greetings Secret community,
Shade Protocol is proud to announce an opportunity to help fund DAO DAO’s cross deployment of their smart contracts onto Secret Network. DAO DAO provides best in class decentralized governance tooling and human organization tooling in Web3 - empowering communities to rapidly turn tokens into meaningful votes and actions.
Secret Network dApps & NFT communities have had to recreate the wheel for small features, wasting hours on creating tooling that universally exists within the DAO DAO feature set. Additional benefits of DAO DAO is they are audited, and used throughout the entire Cosmos. By bringing DAO DAO to Secret Network we have the opportunity to empower users and open the door for adding in privacy-as-a-service for other DAOs across the Cosmos.
DAO DAO app:
What is DAO DAO:
Here is a non-exhaustive list of features that would ship with this proposal:
Beautiful no-code UI for making proposals, voting, and exploring DAOs
Interchain Accounts (e.g. cross chain staking) via Polytone
Sophisticated organizational structures using SubDAO hierarchies and Authz
Vesting payroll management
Treasury spends and swaps
Manage staking and rewards
Manage validators and vote on governance proposals
NFT creation and management
On-chain, governance gated key / value store
Proposal inbox and email notifications
Customizable DAO widgets
Single DAO page (unique web page for your DAO)
DAO Press: publishing tools for a DAO run blog and official communications
Bulk actions import
Manage smart contracts (instantiate, execute, migrate, manage admins)
Beautiful UI for interacting with the native governance module
Example use cases:
- NFT communities can now seamlessly launch SNIP tokens and coordinate around decisions using DAODAO
- DeFi projects can seamlessly manage and coordinate incentives across the entire token community
- Something like Secret Agents could launch a token that is used as incentives for contributing to Secret Network
- DAOs can be seamlessly spun up to fund raise capital and coordinate around an idea - imagine the Secret Network community pool funding a DAO that is capable of having SubDAOs
- ShadeDAO would have the following SubDAOs:
- stkd-SCRT DAO
- SILK DAO
- Grants DAO
- Education DAO
We believe that the ability for dApps on Secret to never have to worry about building governance or DAOs is a massive value add - opening the door to tokenization and social coordination in ways that have never been possible before on Secret Network.
- Athena SNIP X DAO DAO compatibility refactor + cross-deployment ($30k)
- DAODAO tooling, reviews, support, infrastructure - $30k (down from $50k originally)
The total cost of bringing DAO DAO to Secret Network is $60k - Shade Protocol would propose that we bring $20k worth of SHD from our grants program and the community pool would match this contribution with $40k worth of SCRT. This would unlock DAO DAO smart contracts for all users and dApps for Secret Network into perpetuity.
For anyone curious why the community pool versus the development fund, we believe because DAO DAO is a pure public good that is extensible to all developers on Secret it is a perfect match for the community pool. Versus more specific utilities and individual products (with financial upside) typically go to grants and the dev fund. Additionally, we believe it would be awesome for Secret Network to largely “own” the DAO DAO integration as a win for the L1.
About Athena Labs: https://www.athenaconsulting.io/
- Eumlet: Eumlet is a cross-border instant settlement payment solution that bypasses traditional banking routes to allow payments to be sent without limits instantly from anywhere. Athena is responsible for building the entire backend architecture and systems for Eumlet.
- ATOM Accelerator: Atom Accelerator is the main DAO responsible for grants and partnerships in the Cosmos Hub (ATOM) ecosystem. Athena partners with ATOM Accelerator to build tools and primitives needed in the ecosystem related to governance, education as well as smart contract frameworks.
- Concordium: Concordium is a public layer-1 blockchain designed to balance privacy and accountability. Athena is working with Concordium on building tools that facilitate development of protocols on the blockchain as well as optimizing resources and tools needed to build local chains and clients.
- ICP (Dfinity): ICP is a layer-1 blockchain that allows deployment of autonomous serverless clouds for better blockchain efficiency and optimization. Athena is partnered with ICP to build the first-ever native on-chain certification for ICP smart contract development with the RUST Language.
- Lunarspace: Lunarspace aims to offer all the functionalities of ERP and CRM systems on chain with a predefined loss-less on-chain reward protocol. Athena is responsible for building the whole architecture on-chain as well as the backend integrations for a modular architecture that scales.
- Gains Associates: Gains is a venture capital and accelerator. Athena works with Gains to audit all of the protocols they work with as well as build long term strategies for growth and sustainability in different ecosystems and protocols.
- Switcheo Labs: Athena partnered with Switcheo Labs to provide the necessary strategies to launch on a launchpad with an attention from a legal and regulatory aspect to the token launch depending on the environment of incorporation.
- Seraphim Labs: Seraphim Labs is the development company responsible for building Angel Protocol, a non-profit organization on-chain. Athena partners with Seraphim Labs on building long-term strategies as well as project management for building new tools that help bring value to Angel Protocol.
- Aether Labs: A solutions company that onboards Web-2 companies to Web-3. We help Aether build architecture and security policies and practices for the companies as well auditing of some smart contracts.
In terms of the cost to the Secret Network community, $40k is quite reasonable. Let me explain:
Assume a developer works: 40 hours a week * 12 weeks * $80 per hour = ~$40k
Is there any developer on Secret capable of building the entirety of the DAO DAO feature set in that time frame? The value proposition for all Secret Network is immense. Additionally, we gain support and access to the DAO DAO team. DAO DAO is a public good critical to engaging communities and coming to social consensus across the myriads of Secret Network communities. After this is deployed, Secret Network developers can add in pull requests for private voting - but the first step before we reach that stage is simply getting DAO DAO refactored and deployed on Secret Network with SNIP compatibility.
- Athena team refactor: ~60-80 days
- DAO DAO infrastructure support: ~20-30 days
Shade Protocol will be offering supporting by managing PR reviews and ensuring the roadmap & milestone development timelines are continuously hit between both the DAO DAO & Athena team. In the event of the Athena team not hitting timeline / executing the Shade team is willing to bring the integration to the finish line. We are happy to be the capital escrow for the project, but if the community would prefer either Luigi or someone like the SF could be the escrow of funds.
Would love to get your feedback on this proposal that Shade Protocol is helping to facilitate.
Carter Woetzel (Shade Protocol Lead Researcher)