Any of you who ever played games understand the value of LootBoxes - random packs of in-game goodies that can be:
- Purchased: Bought with real money
- Earned: Earned by reaching objectives
I’d like to propose a similar system in Secret, which will interconnect with other dApps in our ecosystem. LootBoxes will likely be an implementation of Secret NFTs standard and as suggested above can be:
- Purchased: Purchasing them with SCRT (or any other acceptable currency)
- Earned: Obtaining them by showing proofs, for example, that you staked SCRT for (3, 6, 12, … months) or similarly, that you provided long-term liquidity to Secret Swap.
LootBoxes are opened via some lottery system (i.e., the actual prize is generated. They can re-shuffle it by paying some more SCRT. Loot Boxes can have types, like ‘normal, rare, unique’ who give better and better types of gifts).
Some ideas for prizes these loot boxes can provide are:
- Free lottery tickets
- Booster - the ability to purchase more tokens in a Secret Starter project (see a separate post). For example, 1.5x booster allows you to get 50% more allocation than others
- Discount - getting a discount in a given Secret Starter IDO
- Secret NFT art/badges
We’d love to fund this with a grant. Also, having an amazing UI/gameplay for this (see the above image as a concept) would be great (looking at you Secret Heroes team!).