Mobile Support for Android Studio and Unity

Hi, I’ve been working with SCRT the past few weeks and I now want to continue on a project. I have two years of hands on experience with blockchain games and tokenized user wallets using KIN. In the period I worked with mobile I taught myself the basics in languages such as: Python, C#, PHP and also worked with AWS. Now I’m reading the book on Rust and have gone through the Figment and other documentation.

I would bring forth the great opportunity and take the time to put SCRT in mobile. Building through the Unity IDE we will work through Android Studio to compile. I will directly oversee and recruit a small group that will help me build out the wrappers and bootstraps. They will also be compensated through me for their time.

In the past I used an SDK developed by Prime31 and that will be the starting point of my initial product. I’m also looking at the Griptape for queues on how to proceed with Rust and know that Rust will run in Unity and that it works with Visual Studio. In my previous work, I was able to find the right libraries and make the connections needed and with the help of the Rust book and other documentation I propose tackling integration as a way of contributing to the network.

This will be a learning path as much as a development project if accepted and I appreciate all feedback.

This learning path and project will take me 3 months and in that three months, I would like to become much more proficient in Rust, finish a mobile game I started and publish it to Android/Google Play with SCRT sNFT’s or other secret contracts.

The working capital I’ll need:

Month 1 (100 hours):

Compensation: $5,000

In order to hit the first milestone I will need to spend the time to go through the Figment Tutorials and complete the training. By the end of this month I’ll exhibit a strong working knowledge of Rust basics and be able to demonstrate the full pathway to integration. This takes into account I have already started and feel comfortable with both my game and my ability to pick up Rust.

Month 2 (100 hours):

In month 2 I will continue to add features to my game to make it exciting for players. In this month I’ll be able to show my work and release teasers.

In the future, I could use more resources for gameplay design and development, but the agenda for this month is to get a prototype and provide SCRT SDK integration early on. I’ll be looking for a publishing partner in month 2 and moving into month 3.

Month 3 (100 hours):

During this time period I will develop several levels, a monetization strategy and have mobile marketing placements. SCRT integration will be completed and fully functional for testing. Next, a week will be dedicated to Microsoft Playfab Azure integration where any multiplayer integration lives between platforms. In the remainder of month 3 I will be working on finishing touches for game design and publishing to the app stores…

I know this may seem like a pretty heavy workload but in my experience and at the proposed hours, it’s more than enough time for me to accomplish everything set forth. If it needs to be extended or modified, I’m also leaving room for flexibility in my timeline and budget to fully execute on this contract.

I look forward to hearing from my cherished community of builders and supports.

Is this a grant request or a SNAC request?

Hello Stefan, this is a grant request and it is designed to be something that you, Floar and Baedrik can actively get involved with. Furthermore, it needs the flexibility of a grant request in the event it is amended or extended (not a capital demand but time extension).

Okay, thx for clarifying.

Please keep in mind that the grant request can, and is encouraged, to be discussed here on the forum, but is officially applied for on GitHub

When you feel like the discussion here has been finalized and you are ready to apply. I encourage you to take a look at the sample format for the application and open a new issue. You can view past grant proposals under the current issues to view how grants have been applied for in the past.

You will see there has been a Grant request in the past for Unity integration by FloAr, but that was put on hold. # SecretNET - secret library for Unity3d (and potentially .net core)

By using the format you should meet all the grant request requirements:

• High level description of the project
  • Problem / solution (max. 200 words)
  • Detailed product / network improvement description (max. 500 words)
  • Go-to-market and commercialization plan (if applicable)
  • Team: Please share all past experiences, github links and repos
  • Milestones and budget: Please provide a budget, development timelines for milestones and distribution of budget based on milestones.

Adding @floAr here. He may be able to provide some feedback/background on this proposal and why his proposal was put on hold :slight_smile:

Thanks for looping me in @Stefan_DomeriumLabs!
The grant was paused because we internally discussed putting more focus on the secretNFT / SecretHeroes topics and I did not feel like I could adequately follow through with both grants.
I would love to see a native integration into C# and then specialized tools for Unity, Godot and so forth to unblock us from WebGL based publishing. :slight_smile:

Thx floAr :slight_smile:

I got the Godot side covered :slight_smile:

Hello @SCRTHodl !
You might also be interested in applying to the Secret Fellows Program. I’m not sure whether or not there are current openings there but it’s worth checking out because you’re still learning how to build on the network, and this might give you more freedom to do what you want to do.

On a technical note, you wrote:

I’m also looking at the Griptape for queues on how to proceed with Rust and know that Rust will run in Unity and that it works with Visual Studio.

Unless you’re planning on building game components that would run locally on the user’s machine in Rust, then you don’t need this. The Secret Contracts, which are written in Rust, run on the blockchain, and never locally on the user’s machine. You only need to build libraries that communicate with the network, which can be done in the language of your preference.

I feel like the 4 of us in this chat have the ability to take a hammer out and hit the machine for the $1M fix and so it’s tough to compete with any of it.

I propose building the libraries that connect with the network and thank you for clarifying. I recall having to add libsodium and other libraries in Gradle in order to deal with conflicting Unity packages. I also spent a few hundred hours working with one of the first products using the Nethereum project. I made P2P exchange using KIN instead of ETH.

The Fellowship could come after but I was directed toward a grant over 5 times. I haven’t taken funding in the years I’ve been a part of the community but I now need working capital. For me, successes in life comes through hard work and innovation and not technical ability. I need the working capital and a modest goal in order to help SCRT reach mainstream adoption and get out of the gaming sandbox.

1 Like

Yes, on both accounts. We need more focus on secret NFT and SecretHeroes and the technical work done there and I also think we need to move as quickly as possible to unblock our app and others from the limitations of WebGL based publishing.

I want to head up this project and get it done so we can have apps in the store before Christmas and encourage community and investors to participate with us in the development process.

This will be a learning path as much as a development project if accepted and I appreciate all feedback.

We shouldn’t be paying you 5k a month for a learning experience. Please learn on your own first is my feedback.

Sure, thank you for your feedback and I’ll be sure to have more confidence in my experience as it does sound pretty bad to call senior development a learning process.

I’m not trying to put you down, but simply it doesn’t seem like there is any ROI for the ecosystem for what is effectively a 2 month project (not even that at 2.5 weeks total time per month), considering for the first one you’ll be even learning the language. I would much rather you are funded for a longer time, once you have the skills to dev effectively in the ecosystem.

The secret fellows program, like Reuben said, sounds just like what you seem to be looking for. My impression is you would like to join the ecosystem, but don’t want to spend months without making money, people need to eat obviously, so why not do that if possible instead?

Secret Fellows → Secret Grant would seem like a better route.

Around six weeks ago I was approached about why I no longer participated and I was recruited to the idea of the Secret Fellows program. I had a few interviews and meeting but they weren’t really sure how to proceed and I would keep referring back to the idea that I had already bulit multiple apps and some with over 1M installs. To start over and become a front end developer for another project didn’t seem like the best use of my talent. The idea of me making a grant has been discussed pretty widely and Can, Laura, FloAr, Carter and a few others have expressed support in hearing a proposal or Grant idea.

I went through the documentation and feel comfortable building a bigger project. After a few decades of experience in marketing, product launches and Unity development I just want to dive into something a little more challenging. By the end of the weekend I might have finished the Unity SDK or I might know a little more about how long it will take. If I have to go get a PHD or start from scratch to wait on an instructor to guide me, I’m afraid I’ll need 10 more years and I simply don’t have that kind of time. What I do have is the experience of having used the tools we need and the ability to build or recreate my own projects in new areas and start working on something we can use. Not that we need to be profitable in 3 months but I have been a few times. The ROI of doing it my way is far greater because we can then think about competing and scaling applications and games that reach millions of users.

Learning how to build the SDK is back of mind and we have more than enough talent if someone (me) is willing to just start writing the scripts.

It appears we’ll need:
Account
Manager
Transaction
Onboarding
Client
Native Bindings
and the library for our Editor

This is all written in C# and communicates with the server. In my personal experience with the 4 apps we built it’s hosted in python that then communicates with the blockchain. This is perhaps were things diverge the most but if you pulled one or two of our developers aside for a few minutes it could get done and I’ll be able to handle javascript.

I think three months of game development at my education, experience and level of experience with cryptocurrency is worth what I’m asking. Who else is here offering to spend the time and energy learning everything I have to make less than most other professions?

I’m extremely leveraged and I plan to use the tools available to make this a successful project that we can monetize and turn into a long-term commitment. What are 4-10k new users a day worth to you? I have an app sitting right here with 4k a day in 2018 that I haven’t touched lately and is unpublished for updates.

I don’t expect to only be worth $5k a month but we need to start somewhere reasonable. I have to spend that on production and team members and pay them for their experience as well. We are all taking a lot of risk in doing so with any blockchain token as payment. I’m open to suggestions though and could spend six months or cut the pay and I left some room for negotiation.

I have the library file right here and I’m reviewing the requirements to see what changes we need. It seems pretty straight forward to make this grant request. To clarify the scope, this is also more than the library proposal and a full blown big project with cross platform multiplayer, Ads and in-app purchasing. It also leverages hundreds of scripts and thousands of hours developing in Unity.

1 Like

The idea of me making a grant has been discussed pretty widely and Can, Laura, FloAr, Carter and a few others have expressed support in hearing a proposal or Grant idea.

Great, and I’m glad you posted, I hope they chime in too. It’s not like this depends on me.

I went through the documentation and feel comfortable building a bigger project

You have not indicated any specific details about the project itself though, just a very vague description. How does it generate demand for SCRT to begin with?

After a few decades of experience in marketing, product launches and Unity development I just want to dive into something a little more challenging

Great, we are in dire need of people with experience particularly in the first two fields. So nice to see someone that can dev + those 2.

If I have to go get a PHD or start from scratch to wait on an instructor to guide me, I’m afraid I’ll need 10 more years and I simply don’t have that kind of time

Not sure if purposefully hyperbolic, but I didn’t imply that either.

The ROI of doing it my way is far greater because we can then think about competing and scaling applications and games that reach millions of users.

Again, there’s no indication of how that will be achieved because we don’t even know any details about the project, so I’m not particularly convinced of how we will reach millions of users yet. Especially on something that will be developed in 1 and half months worth of full time work.

I think three months of game development at my education, experience and level of experience with cryptocurrency is worth what I’m asking

I’m not questioning your worth, I’m questioning the worth of your delivery, which seems like the most basic thing to do when someone asks for funding.

What are 4-10k new users a day worth to you?

It would be great, yet you still haven’t explained anything about how that will be achieved.

I have an app sitting right here with 4k a day in 2018 that I haven’t touched lately and is unpublished for updates.

What’s the name of the app? :slight_smile:

I have to spend that on production and team members and pay them for their experience as well.

See, now I’m confused on how many members this is intended to be funding, because your first post seemed to imply it was just you. How many people will be working on this?

We are all taking a lot of risk in doing so with any blockchain token as payment.

Not really. You specified payment in USD. You are not exposed to the volatility of the token unless it plummets 40% right after the transaction hits your wallet and before you have the chance to sell.

To clarify the scope, this is also more than the library proposal and a full blown big project with cross platform multiplayer, Ads and in-app purchasing. It also leverages hundreds of scripts and thousands of hours developing in Unity.

Well at least now we seem to getting somewhere, can you please expand on actual details? The first post basically came across as “fund my one man army and depending on results I’ll continue developing (at which point you would need more funding ofc)”. Now it comes across as if you have a team and a roadmap, would be nice to hear more details if you wouldn’t mind sharing.

Most of the post so far is an explanation of why we should fund you, but not why we should fund your project. (I’m using “we” in a very liberal way since I don’t consider myself part of that “we”, but whatever)

Consider:

1. Having SUCCESSFULLY purchased app code (95% never make it and not just the risk of mine…)
    and turned it into revenue streams
  2. Watched larger gaming teams avoid crypto integration or squander resources when offered
  3. Being a proven crypto influencer who has taken a project (or app) and helped it sell/pump

I offered to contribute 5 hours to game development and put in 40 without pay. We can probably forget about the 100 hours a month and that was likely because I edited my requested pay and didn’t want to come across as trading time for money or being willing to work for free.

I’ll always be lacking in something but I’m pretty firm on what I can offer and I only fully trust my own ideas about how to get there. Also, it’s a rare skill or ability to be able to see value and create interest where there is none. If we can agree to that then maybe we can just discuss where I’ve done it in the past and agree to try it here. I’ll also add that the risk of NOT trying is potentially missing a 2B marketcap pump or never fulfilling the promise of bringing privacy to the mainstream if we fail to capture new audiences and innovate. The marginal utility, ROI or risk/reward is just there and that’s why I’m here. My previous experience just lends some credibility.

Having SUCCESSFULLY purchased app code (95% never make it and not just the risk of mine…) and turned it into revenue streams

For example?

Watched larger gaming teams avoid crypto integration or squander resources when offered

Irrelevant but ok

Being a proven crypto influencer who has taken a project (or app) and helped it sell/pump

Not really interested on whether you have some influencer pumping skills, but rather what your project is about and how it will generate demand for SCRT.

Also, it’s a rare skill or ability to be able to see value and create interest where there is none

Indeed it is

I’ll also add that the risk of NOT trying is potentially missing a 2B marketcap pump or never fulfilling the promise of bringing privacy to the mainstream if we fail to capture new audiences and innovate

I’d love to agree but still trying to understand what it is you are trying, as you won’t expand on actual details about your project!

The marginal utility, ROI or risk/reward is just there and that’s why I’m here. My previous experience just lends some credibility.

Maybe once we move past the vague statements, and you can provide some concrete details about pretty much everything you’ve said, I’ll agree.

Hi, thank you. I’m intentionally being vague to leave space for another viewpoint. We can share which app to use or build later and I’m not sure. One in itself could net over $15k a year in revenue without a months worth of changes. Yet, I like the design of Epic West that could incorporate more gameplay using NFT’s and dragon eggs etc. Or a slots game I developed… I’ll decide once I have more feedback on what people expect, or want to see and I’m just working on a Secret Heroes style game with a battle simulator that could connect to the metaverse. Or as an idle clicker, bank heist campaign or any other creative idea we can come up with. It’s highly likely things will evolve a little and so I hesitate to throw out a design plan that should be implemented by a set list of criteria.

I’m willing to use any or all of my apps to skip past the growth phase and start to build a project that we can scale as a community. Revenue could come from outside Ads, internal promotions, NFT sales and partnerships.

How about the value of raising awareness once we have successfully completed a mobile gaming launch and have x amount of real users engaged on 3 different app stores? If it’s 50k users and we can track it as it grows exponentially I would love to share those charts with the community and team because they’re exciting to look at and track and for the same amount of progress we’ve made at the protocol level, we could also perhaps have wide adoption and easy access to low hanging fruit at the mobile app store level. I think our dollars would be well spent to fund an app if it’s highly leveraged and has the potential of many new users.

Perhaps delivering a solid prototype with users also looks good to big investors and we then build out a 5 year plan to further develop… The comments made about LUNA were that they could deliver outside of the sandbox and it was worth seeing where they could take it from there… we are one app and perhaps $15k from doing the same, don’t you think? SCRT greatly benefits in all of these monetization scenarios with the proof of execution in mobile gaming being the most significant.

1 Like