Bridge to Incognito Chain

Hey everyone,

After I read this article (https://blog.scrt.network/secret-ethereum-bridge-december-2020/), some thoughts come to my mind. I think the team should implement a bridge to Incognito Chain (a privacy-first chain) so that Secret Network would have many bridges to BTC, ETH, XMR, NEO, ZIL, TOMO and soon Binance Smart Chain. Those bridges were already implemented in Incognito Chain and work perfectly. Besides, its AMM has a lot of liquidity. I think this cooperation would provide both sides with some benefits.

Best.

3 Likes

Welcome @abduraman! I am trying to better understand how Incognito works at the moment. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems like Incognito doesn’t run smart contracts based on my very brief scan of their github, need to do more research

2 Likes

Thanks for your warm welcome. I hope both sides find a way for a cooperation. Incognito supports Ethereum smart contracts but Incognito and Secret have different solutions to the smart contracts. While Secret has its own smart contract execution context, Incognito encapsulates Ethereum smart-contracts via its privacy layer. It is called pEthereum. It was deployed in April. Here are some related links:

A lot of months passed. This has been realized indirectly :slight_smile: by Secret releasing its XMR bridge. With this bridge, in fact, Secret and Incognito have become bridged over XMR. Because of their mechanism (requirement of non-custodial wallets), Secret ETH and BSC bridges do not allow this. Currently, any part of the flow below is possible.

XMR in any exchange or wallet <-> XMR in Secret <-> XMR in Incognito <-> XMR in any exchange or wallet

FYI.

2 Likes

What do you think are the major differences between the Incognito and Secret? They seem to me to be very similar.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. I had thought to give a comprehensive reply. That’s why I’m late. You know procrastination :slight_smile: but I think I won’t be able to have time for this. I have invested in both projects and try to follow them closely. I’ll sum up the differences shortly.

• To me (at least for now) Incognito focuses on the ultimate privacy, decentralization and scalability. Secret focuses on the privacy-preserving smart contracts. Incognito has also smart contract support (pEthereum, see the posts above) but it is in an L2 fashion. As its name implies, Incognito tries to behave like incognito mode of the browsers.

• Incognito Mainnet launch date: November 2019, Secret Mainnet launch date: February 2020

• Incognito TVL: $27,970,458 , Secret TVL: $64,641,845.89

• Their DEXes (pDEX and Secretswap) has similar 24h volumes.

• pDEX launch date: November 2019, Secretswap launch date: February 2021

• pDEX TVL: $20,752,601, Secretswap: ~$46,000,000 (before rollback)

• Secret is more visible to the crypto community. Incognito team does not care about marketing so much as you may see easily :slight_smile: The approach is that the users will find Incognito when they need the privacy and they will demand it sooner or later :slight_smile: However, after pDEX v3 (governance, orderbook support, and AMM-curve manipulation support will be added), Incognito re-enable growth mode.

• Incognito has more bridges than Secret has. Incognito: BTC, ETH, XMR, BSC, BC, DASH, LTC, ZEC, TOMO, ZIL, NEO, Secret: ETH, BSC, XMR. Currently, Secret and Incognito tokens can be bridged over BSC and XMR cheaply. However, instead of those workarounds, I wish they built a native bridge between Secret and Incognito. For the sake of the crypto privacy ecosystem: unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno :slight_smile:

That’s all for now.

2 Likes

+1 for Bridge betw Incog & Secret.

I also use BOTH, but I’m a much newer user. Found Incog first, looking at Secret now. Will prob also invest in both.

2 Likes