[CCBL] Crowdfunding platform

A quick update, everything is on track. I have updated everything to Shockwave Delta and implemented the SNIP20 interface and deadman switch, and set up the testing env. I will regularly push all code related to this project here: GitHub - darwinzer0/mage-hands: Mage hands secret network crowdfunding dApp

4 Likes

Hi yā€™all,

Iā€™ve got most of the features done for the CCBL crowdfunding platform. Hereā€™s a video showing some of whatā€™s implemented: Crowdfunding app on Secret Network - YouTube . I tried to make the UI nice enough but of course a lot more time could be spent polishing. Iā€™ll put it on Pulsar in a few days so people can try it out after I finish tweaking a few more things.

A few features youā€™ll see in the video, include:

1. Creating a new project. All data about the project is stored on chain, including the cover image which is converted to a 250px webp. The editor allows for embedded videos and pictures in the description and various reward messages if they are copied in as web links. Only the links are stored on chain and when you view the project details it pulls that info in from the link.

2. There are three kinds of secret messages. The first for people who give money that is shared immediately even before the project is fully funded. The second for people who give money and only after it is successful. And finally a reward message that is for people who give over a specified amount. Basically, those messages can be anything (using the same editor as the description). I have not yet updated to attach an encrypted IPFS file or something to that effect (it wouldnā€™t be too hard to add that in though). I thought keeping it as a message allows it to be really open ended. People can easily just put a CID or link to a file using whatever system they want and include the decryption key and instructions directly in the message if they want. I imagine sometimes a simple passkey might be enough, especially since many crowdfunding projects will be funding to make things that are not already built, so they wouldnā€™t necessarily have a file to share right away anyway (thatā€™s why they need funding).

3. The SNIP-24 reward is implemented with a basic allocation of tokens to contributors (proportional to the amount they gave), plus vested allocations for the creator. It needs more robust testing, but the basic mechanism is working.

4. The video doesnā€™t go through the full crowdfunding process, but once it is up on Pulsar youā€™ll be able to see how it works once a project is funded and how to pay out the project as the creator. Iā€™ll probably create some very short crowdfunding time periods for testing, so people can iterate through project states easily.

There are probably lots of features that could be added, (e.g. uploading encrypted reward files to IPFS, etc.). I think it makes sense to gather feedback from the community based on the Pulsar version before making any decision about when and in what form it should be in before mainnet.

5 Likes

Looks really nice @darwinzer0! When you are ready to push it into testing, shoot me a DM on Discord & our Beta Testers group can help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I have uploaded an initial alpha version of the crowdfunding platform on Pulsar: https://pulsar.catallaxy.fund/. Thereā€™s still a lot of work that can be done to improve the UX but the basic feature set is there. I would be pleased to get your feedback. At this stage, I am primarily looking to see how things are working and what kinds of options/features people might want added or changed. Donā€™t worry too much about wonky things about the UI design (fonts, layout, etc) at this time, though, because that might change significantly. Iā€™ll post here as I push new updates to the site, etc.

All of the code is open source here: GitHub - darwinzer0/mage-hands: Mage hands secret network crowdfunding dApp . Happy to receive any PRs! The front end website source is under the ui folder and written in Svelte. If anyone wants help setting up a local testnet version, feel free to contact me.

I recommend trying it out with the new beta Starshell wallet (https://install.starshell.net ) as it has handy features for getting testnet scrt from the faucet and built in sscrt wrapping. It also optimizes gas fees, which are quite variable on the crowdfunding website, especially when creating new projects because different description text and cover images will result in different amounts of data written to chain. If you do that, youā€™ll want to do it in a new browser or disable the Keplr wallet extension first. Alternately, if you want to use Keplr, then you can get coins from the Stashh testnet site.

Finally, my plan is to keep this on testnet until the feature set is fully tested and Iā€™ve received feedback and incorporated changes. And once it is ready for mainnet, the plan is to start with a limited version of the site that does not have the SNIP24 reward feature enabled. That needs a higher threshold of auditing as well more consideration of how project creators might get dinged for creating securities, so better to start with a simpler site and make sure thereā€™s demand for it first.

2 Likes

Is there an update on the project ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is running on Pulsar and is ready to be put on mainnet at any time, however I have not gotten much feedback on the testnet version. Have you tried it out? It only takes a few minutes to create a sample crowdfunding project. I was hoping to get more community feedback on the feature set before I uploaded to mainnet, in case there was anything fundamental that they wanted which would require changes to the contracts. But if I donā€™t hear back from anyone soon, then Iā€™ll start with a limited feature version and go from there.

2 Likes

Yes gave it a go.

Is this UI etc. meant to be final?
I canā€™t create a project to test it unfortunately.

Is it opening the Keplr window to sign the tx or does the error happen before then? If no keplr window, then maybe the account has never received scrt on pulsar. Try going to https://sandbox.stashh.io and adding some funds. If you are sending the tx, it could be a gas issueā€“I will check.

The UI is functional but I wouldnā€™t call it final. :slight_smile: Happy to take feedback/suggestions!

I also just noticed the pulsar sScrt swap on Stashh is disabled for the pulsar upgrade, so you might need to wait until that is back online to easily get some sScrt on pulsar. (or do it with secretcli in the meantime).

Contact me on Telegram for more. This definitely needs some major UI overhaul for mainnet

2 Likes

Can you shoot me a google form or something where people can put feedback? will share it around with our tester group!

Edit:

Some initial feedback from me

1. add the abillity to fundraise any SNIP token and not just SCRT (would allow any other Cosmos dApp to use the same UI just with a different token)
  2. add some sort of email formatting toolbar to the project description so that people can write better descriptions. functionallity like Bolded text, hyperlink etc
  3. could you add the function to add a SNIP-721 instead? maybe specifically a non-transferrable one? maybe this is too much work or can be simplified by integrating it with stashh gumball machine
  4. add tooltips to the Token configuration options
  5. are the vested tokens to be put in as a % of creator tokens? Could we add a cliff option and different forms of curves, linear and semi-exponential should be good.
  6. The total initial supply doesnt evaluate the decimals of the input for contribuitor/creator tokens. It also adds the vested tokens eventhough these are already counted as creator tokens.
  7. can the proposal time be created with a slider for the amount of days instead of just 6 options?
  8. can you add a style tip for the dimensions of the cover, potentially even a preview window before posting it so that people can check all is well.
  9. will there be a deposit required to upload funding proposals? might make the list of projects more searchable and less spammable.

Overall the UI is a bit rough, some bits there:

1. Consider removing the [Secret Network] and replacing it by 1 of these tags: Secured by Secret Tags - Google Drive
    You could also add some more info like website, github link etc. Also make sure these hyperlinks open as a new tab instead of replacing the dApp window.
  2. there is an extra grey container under the footer of the create tab
  3. the UI seems to be mobile friendly besides the 5 buttons inside the create tab, they go off the screen and outside of their container.
1 Like