(CCBL) ActiSwap - The first trustless P2P NFT swap for Secret Network

You say all that in comments but the proposal is “law” and where the vote is. The proposal itself says

“Together we would like to create this tooling”

but you are talking about the Redacted rabbits and that this is the reason why we built this.

Again the proposals text…

Redacted Club is a strategic partner for organizing and marketing purposes with the initial need and impulse for the project and the collaboration.

1 Like

Okay special for you i adjusted the proposal so you understand that ActiList builds this. hope you will agree with this.

So the subject of this proposal is adding private permissionless nft swaps in Secret Network.
At the moment two users need to trust each other when exchanging NFT assets, and that is risky since that opens a door for scammers. Whereas swap contract can mediate the swap and remove any risk associated with trusting another person.

Public swaps and sales (not subject of this proposal) will need to be verified before they appear on marketplace. In that sense they can not be called permissioless. When ActiList will be notified of illegal content, and that notice will be in line with EU regulation, then any related public swaps/sales will be removed from the user interface of ActiList. At the same time removing from blockchain is technically impossible and ActiList can not be held accountable for this.

2 Likes

Personally I think “fees for maintenance and support” isn’t a viable strategy with the current amount of traffic.

I am concerned this will become yet another project that barely moves out, if at all, of MVP stage.

1 Like

What would be considered viable for sustainability in your opinion?

I believe they have a validator, the marketplace, this item is going to have high synergy with the marketplace itself and maintained by same team.

Perhaps a small fee for integrations to plug into the API?

Make it easy for other platforms like the gamefi projects (Bushi) to plug in and use the swap for gamers to trade game items? Just for one example.

I could see other platforms using this to good advantage if they didn’t have to maintain it themselves.

That sounds viable to me.

Of course I would have loved to use this very recently when I purchased my Anon. I assume that others will see it the same way.

3 Likes

This project will be finished and used. Even in the current market it doesn’t matter, it will be free in the start and this is not our main source of income, this tool is for everyone and at the same time a good USP to be attached to ActiList. I get that this is not the first time people propose projects like this and don’t finish this. But we are not those people😇

So the fees that we mentioned are in the “worst case” but we have as Anewbizz mentioned, a Validator, a NFT marketplace and this project will just be a tiny problem when things are not going how it should. We still have many other sources of income we can use to back this up.

At least give it a chance and then we can show that this can become a well used project.

1 Like

Would be happy to get the CCBL item funded for a fair amount but can’t support this specific proposal. It’s a need to fill for the right proposal and plan.

1 Like

So after the governance call, we got multiple people that gave feedback about the swap and we came to the conclusion to change some things in this proposal to take away the concerns and edited this into a new proposal to comply with the needs of the community. Please leave any feedback if you still have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you provide a changelog?

1 Like

Yes, so we changed:

The name of RedactiSwap is changed to ActiSwap

Partnership part is removed and we now as ActiList will do this on our own.

Photo of the concept is changed.

We removed the redacted club part and examples and changed it into different examples (in Anon nft’s)

3 Likes

Changelog:

We have added some new information to give some more clarity on the Outcome of this proposal at the section Outcome of this proposal (CCBL/MVP)

Nice initiative, thanks!
What about the outcome of this community funding please: will it be reusable by others, for instance via open source smart contracts & a client lib?

2 Likes

Hi @Jabba,

thank you for raising this question.

the main benefit for the communitty will be free private p2p swap service offered on https://actilist.io
Same deployed smart contract will be usable from any secret.js like client, but it we hope to provide best possible experience from ActiList UI.
The resulting smart contract will be used as a foundation for public swaps in the near futute, and we need to see if can make private swaps open source. If we release private swaps as open source, then there would be at least some delay.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @Ilja

I would really like that we make it a rule that what gets funded must be made open source when dealing with dev community funds, as now stated by the Cosmos Hub DAO. So that it constitutes actual public goods, and we ensure that such financial investments can benefit to many, beyond 1 funded project/team.

I wouldn’t like that call to be a barrier for the ActiList funding, however we should fix that long lasting concern imho. @Lumi @pmuecke

5 Likes