App.js and Syntax Error

I follow the Getting StartedWriting a Secret ContractCreating a React Front-End , but I get this Syntax Error about enigma_dapp/client/src/App.js , I copy the Creating a React Front-End said App.js , Error follow the pictures

if I didn’t add Writing a Secret ContractCreating a React Front-End part

I get “Enigma setup still loading”

I’m sure the /enigma_dapp/ have package.json
and /enigma_dapp/client/ have package.json 、 package-lock.json 、 yarn.lock

but /enigma_dapp/client/src don’t have any of them , how can I fix the problem?

hey @ARsakura the docs which you refer maybe a very-early version of Enigma (still using Solidity for contract development).

At the moment, you can follow 3 walkthrough parts here.

The testnet (called discovery-cli) now is easier to setup. Of course you need to install Prerequisites before starting development.

Just try again and let us know the result.

2 Likes

Okay , but both(this version and “discovery-cli”) are tested before , i show this error because the version have response , I will post the “discovery-cli” error message next post.

Thank you , arookie.

1 Like

@ARsakura, looking at the error itself, it says there is an error with your file at /home/ar/enigma/enigma_dapp/package.json.

Can you post the contents of this file on this thread, so that we can identify what’s wrong with it?

1 Like

Hi , victor:

/home/ar/enigma/enigma_dapp/package.json

The file’s content as follow:

{
“name”: “enigma-contract”,
“version”: “0.0.1”,
“description”: “The Solidity contracts of the Enigma Protocol with a Truffle test bed.”,
“repository”: {
“type”: “git”,
“url”: “git+https://github.com/enigmampc/enigma-contract.git”
},
“keywords”: ,
“author”: “Enigma”,
“license”: “MIT”,
“bugs”: {
“url”: “https://github.com/enigmampc/enigma-contract/issues
},
“homepage”: “https://enigma.co”,
“dependencies”: {
“bluebird”: “^3.5.1”,
“lodash”: “^4.17.10”,
“bn.js”: “^4.11.8”
},
“devDependencies”: {
“buffer”: “^5.1.0”,
“babel-polyfill”: “^6.26.0”,
“babel-preset-env”: “^1.7.0”,
“babel-register”: “^6.26.0”,
“elliptic”: “6.4.0”,
“eth-crypto”: “^1.2.2”,
“ethereumjs-abi”: “^0.6.5”,
“node-forge”: “^0.7.5”,
“truffle-contract”: “^3.0.6”,
“web3”: “^1.0.0-beta.34”,
“web3-utils”: “1.0.0-beta.34”,
“rlp”: “2.1.0”,
“openzeppelin-solidity”: “^1.11.0”
}
}

There’s no value for “keywords”
Did you hand code this or copy it from one of the samples?

1 Like

Maybe it’s just the formatter here, or when you copied from elsewhere, guess it used to be []

You can try fixing or removing keywords, see if that helps or there’s another error, then paste the json here using the “Preformatted text” if you didn’t already.

1 Like

Thank you , I install it by standard procedure , so I … probably not change somewhere but I don’t know.

Appreciating your comment , thank you …!

Strange, but at least then it should be reproducible.
If so please push your project to github with the steps you took then I’ll try reproduce it on my system too.

1 Like

@ARsakura,

checking in here: has your problem been fixed? as @taariq points out, there is something wrong in your package.json file around the keywords section. It should look like this one: https://github.com/enigmampc/enigma-template-dapp/blob/9d88c815827bf14033ffef0083c1c76f049835b3/package.json#L9

Can you double check, or copy it over again? and make sure that line equals this:

"keywords": []

Kindly let us know if this resolves your problem.

1 Like

1.This is one of computer’s result ( it always get wrong )

Yes , My original document is:

"keywords": [] ,

I didn’t notice the last post is a square , sorry.
and I delete the [] , now is:

"keywords": ,

I follow the @taariq 's way and restart again.(computer restart , too)

and I got these errors.

I launch the enigma_network by sudo ./launch.bash -t -s

and … I usually used npx react-scripts start

because npm run start didn’t work , as follow:

Left is enigma_dapp / Right is enigma_network

than I use the npx react-scripts start , as follow:

Left is enigma_dapp / Right is enigma_network

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.Another computer is last one’s (the first post’s one) , I follow the @taariq 's way , and get the web:

Enigma Template DApp
Enigma Setup still loading…

Nothing happend (including million problem contract not showing or something)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t expect developer will reply my problem (Original situation) , and I not sure will keep this more far , it took me the whole 2 month for building it , and I won’t keep it.

Probaly I will try discovery version , I just think it really ,always problems a lot for me , It wastes too much time.

Sorry you faced this but the repo was deprecated, so it would be great if you could try discovery instead.
You’ll find it’s a much better development experience and if you have any issues we can work through it in the latest version.

2 Likes

Hey @ARsakura – let us know if you’re able to try this out in the non-deprecated version. We hope it’s a better experience.

1 Like

@ainsley These days I will test it again , Sorry for replying late , Thank you again .

1 Like

Thanks @ARsakura, looking forward to any updates from you :slight_smile: