Template for Proposals

Per discussion from the SecretSwap Committee meeting, there’s a need to standardize practices & community expectations prior to proposal submission. From these discussions, a loose template has been outlined, which I am posting here as an educational resource for those who need guidance with crafting a quality proposal:

Title (A brief summary - 1 sentence or so)
Body:
A detailed summary of what you’re proposing including:
-Specific changes required
-Implications (Positive & Negative)
-If expense is involved, a budget should be included & any necessary resources or individuals should be noted specifically in the proposal
-A realistic expected timeframe this should be accomplished in, if known
-A thorough explanation of how this will benefit the protocol & the stakeholders
-Link to the forum post @ SecretSwap governance - Secret Network where this was discussed and engaged for at least one week prior to the voting period

If anyone has any additional feedback or would like to add onto this or expand upon it further, feel free to comment below. All feedback is valuable and I know that as a community we can contribute to ramping up the quality of our governance efforts going forward from these discussions. :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

I think we should have something similar to the way they put on the elections proposition handbook. Something akin to the following outline. We need to make it super simple so everyone even those with language barriers can understand and vote. I think creating fill in boxes that must be filled out will make it very clear of what is required, instead of leaving big box for people to freehand. The following is what I propose and would like to hear your opinions and thoughts.

title:

One sentence description:

What a yes vote means:

What a no vote means:

Notable community members publicly supporting it:

Notable community members publicly against it:

Strongest argument in favor:

Strongest argument against:

Conflicts of interest:

Detailed explanation/proposal:

1 Like

The Template looks very useful. The only comment I have is whether somebody independent should verify that the for and against comments as well as what a yes/ no vote means are valid. Perhaps this mechanism is already in place? (I’m a newbie here)

Let’s say I want to make a proposal and I want it to pass therefore could I not mention/ water down the against arguments or place serious bias on the ‘for’ arguments to make it more attractive for my outcome

1 Like

That may be where people who know about it’s inaccuracies refuse to vote, therefore it never reaches quorum. The way it is currently people can write whatever they want, this at least provides a template for it.