This proposal is for on-chain funding of the Support Team for the period February 22nd, 2022 to May 22nd, 2022.
The goal of this Support Team is to be a first line of defense for users on the Secret Network, and have been present and active during nearly every NFT mint/major event both in the Secret Community Discord and Telegram, and as well as the project’s respective channels.
For this cycle we wish to add another team member to cover hours the rest of us can’t, in addition to increasing the discretionary budget to reward those that are going above and beyond in the various communication channels.
In total, 1336 tickets were closed from November 1st 2021 to January 30th 2022.
As a coordinated team, we were able to be far more effective at resolving user issues than before the Support team was formed.
This is through a variety of methods, including:
- having unified messaging on issues such as an NFT mint
- having a central location for answers to common problems
- having coordinated time off so we know there isn’t a time when there is no Support available
One of the ways this layer of efficiency showed itself was through Discord tickets. Now that we are able to coordinate and resolve user issues swiftly, there has only been a single instance of the Discord ticket category becoming too full to accept new tickets.
This means the project of utilizing an external system for tickets is unnecessary.
A significant amount of time was spent providing technical support, especially with regards to relayers. During a mint or other major network event, IBC relayers have to be all-hands-on-deck for nearly the entire duration of the event to sustain the load between OSMO <> SCRT. In addition, there is still a dearth of dedicated support for developers.
To help fill the gap of having no Developer Committee that provides developer support, I (schultzie) am preparing to help fill the role of Developer Support come March, alongside my current responsibilities.
In response to this, we spent the discretionary budget of the previous funding round on agents/users who were available during those hours.
Moving forward, we are bringing on Waffle and Ertemann, who can help complete the hour coverage.
The bridges becoming stuck and requiring manual intervention still plagues us, and is one of the only areas we haven’t been able to improve upon as only Secret Labs has sole control over doing so. If a bridge transaction gets stuck on Friday, it commonly remains stuck until Sunday.
Similarly, it’s not uncommon for https://wrap.scrt.network/ to reach its daily api limit and become unusable. Again, this is something only Secret Labs has control over and results in an outpouring of tickets.
We are currently in talks with Secret Labs to find a resolution for both issues.
To see the deliverables for the previous funding period, please go here.
- Create, maintain, and organize support documentation across the Secret Network, including the previously mentioned runbook and FAQ .
- Assist platforms on the network with their user support, including but not limited to: Secret Network Discord, Secret Community Telegram, and SecretSwap.
- IBC Relayer coordination/flushing/etc has fallen under the jurisdiction of the Support team.
The Support Team asks a budget for the compensated leadership roles and a discretionary budget for compensating those who are able to provide extended support.
@MrGarbonzo = $8000 / month | 40 hours per week
- Providing community support for Secret Network since the first block
@reversesigh = $8000 / month | 40 hours per week
- Customer service specialist with 10 years experience
- Secret Agent Program on-boarding and coordinator
@TheWaffle = $8000 / month | 40 hours per week
- 5 years experience in international business management
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Secret Agent, IGC member and ecosystem enthusiast
@dylanschultzie = $3000 / month | 10 hours per week
- Senior Software Engineer with 8 years experience
- IBC Relayer Coordinator/Lead
- Secret Infrastructure team member
@ertemann - $2000 / month | 10 hours per week
- Secret agent/technical support contributor for 5+ months
- Moderator in several Secret Network discords
- 4 years experience in (ML) data analysis/remote sensing
- Documentation/tutorial creator for several scientific data analysis applications and development frameworks (Git/CLI)
- 6 years of experience in an international E-commerce business, in charge of regulation compliance, European taxes and data security/services
- Education enthusiast leading/helping the buddy- and introduction programme for new (inter)national students
Discretionary Budget = $2400 / month
The team recognizes we can’t be everywhere at once, and would like to be able to reward and recognize members of the community that are going above and beyond by providing support/help by offering them tips, at the team’s discretion.
This proved highly effective the previous funding round, and we wish to be able to continue providing funding for those going above and beyond. As with the previous funding, the discretionary budget will be split evenly and distributed independently of the other members.
Mr. Garbonzo = $8000 / month
Reverse Sigh = $8000 / month
schultzie | Lavender.Five Nodes = $3000 / month
Waffle = $8000 / month
Ertemann = $2000 / month
Discretionary Budget = $2400 / month
Total Proposal Spend for 3 Months: $94,200
Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
schultzie, Reverse, Mr. Garbonzo, Waffle, and Ertemann
: Discord FAQ: Discord