Four interactive workshop events, at the rhythm of 1 every 12 weeks, with the 1st one starting 4 weeks after this proposal is approved. Here are the event titles and topics covered.
- Private NFTs [digital art]: ScaryLooking (Stashh)
- What are Secret NFTs & what advantages do they have over public-by-default NFTs?
- What tools do NFT Artists & Creators have at their disposal within Secret Network?
- How can we leverage the private metadata layer to give extra value to our community?
- How can we mint a collection of Secret NFTs or badges on the network
- Validator Setup [technical]: presentation on setting up a node @pmuecke (SecretSauce)
- What is a proof-of-stake network & what role does a validator play?
- Who are delegators & why are they important?
- How do validators operate as a business?
- How to get started running a node on a Cosmos SDK network.
- Private DAOs [governance]: presentation and debate on decentralised governance and privacy (@7Two1 & Skrillah).
- Where have centralised voting systems failed us in the past?
- Why does voting need to be private?
- Why do we need private decentralised voting systems?
- How can we set them up in our communities & organisations?
- Digital Privacy and Freedom [philosophy]: presentation and debates on internet privacy in Web2 and Web3 (@SecretSkrillah).
- What does it mean to have control of your data
- Where has Web2 failed us with regard to privacy
- Where has Web3 begun to address these issues
- What can we do now to maintain sovereignty over our data
Total Funding: 700€ per event. We will ask for funding for each event separately as we refine the format & our needs over time. Please note the currency in € not $.
Funding Breakdown for each event:
- Venue: 300€. Price for venues for 3-4h usually varies between 200 and 400€.
- Organiser (Adrien): 100€. 5h at 20€ per hour.
- Web3 Family: 100€. This goes into the multisig for orgs expenses (swags, stickers, web hosting, etc).
- Flights for speakers who are not from Barcelona: roughly 200€ per event.
Full disclosure of funds spent will be provided & any remaining after an event will go towards the next workshop.
- Number of attendees with photos of the crowd (with consent) as proof.
- Number of attendants getting NFTs/Badges from the event.
- Number of attendants becoming Secret Agents.
- Number of teams that decide to build on Secret as a result of attendance.
While running events in Barcelona as part of Web3 Family, we usually get between 30 and 50 attendees.
The audience type depends on the type of event done, i.e. more devs come for more technical events, and more creatives come for NFT-focused events. We will tailor each workshop to meet the technical level of those we think will attend, based on our experience.
Our goal is to provide both practical education on how to use Secret Network & also increase consciousness of the importance of privacy in Web3. We would also love to craft a workshop events formula that can be exported & used by Secret Agents all over the world in their communities.
Founding member of Web3 Family, I have run dozens of events since 2018 as part of crypto communities. That includes GenesisDAO and FestDAO (of DAOstack), PolkaDAO, Ethereum Developer Meetup, Barcelona Blockchain Love, Crypto Kitchen, Ethereum Barcelona Association, and more. More on linktr.ee/adrienbe
Member of Web3 Family, Awareness Committee Lead at Secret Network. Growth Hacker at WhisperNode. Responsible for restructuring & growing the Secret Agents Program into a highly active worldwide crypto & privacy education tool.
We are both united in the belief that grassroots community education is the key to mass adoption and want to see Web3 constructed the right way: with protection, data sovereignty & privacy for new users.
Web3 Family is a Barcelona-based grassroots crypto community. We meet IRL, eat together, debate NFTs, Web3, shitcoins, bitcoin, eth2, cross-chain, DeFi, adoption, UX, and much more. Our community has 350+ members only after running 5 events over a couple of months. Our members have very diverse backgrounds ranging from total beginners to power users (hardcore crypto natives, degens, VC’s & more).
We promote the responsible adoption of a multichain Web3 paradigm via events that can take the form of presentations, debates, workshops, dinners, and more. We also act as a bridge between the different “family members” by connecting relevant people when they need it, for instance associating potential employers with potential employees, potential investors with potential investments, and so on.
We publish our events on meetup.com/Web3Family
Few pictures of past events:
100 Agent points to anyone who can spot Skrillah in this next one
We invite the community to give feedback below:
What workshops would you like to see in the series?
Would anyone like to travel to us to present a workshop related to your dApp or project?
Would you love to run some events in your city?
Thanks & keep it SCRT!