WE NEED A COMMUNITY MERCH SHOP! An awesome shop, that’s upbeat, exciting, and gives the community wearable designs that they can plaster…wherever they want.
Everyone needs merch!! It’s awesome! It makes people happy to wear designs that represent them, their beliefs, and what they’re excited about. We are all excited about $SCRT! We talk about it, we want to talk about it more…we want our friends and family to care about it like we do. With shirts, stickers, and hats that peak people’s curiosity, there’s a natural door-opener and invitation to talk about the things we love.
After I bought in and fell in SCRT (agency) love (cough, cough, blame @Ewais001), the first thing I asked was…”Do they have shirts?” Well, the simple answer was yes. But designs were somewhat limited and not exclusive to our ecosystem. There’s so much more that can be done with it!
Enter this lovable weirdo. I love design! And I love seeing designs in action, in textile and tangible form. My experience in design, and history creating designs that can be worn and touched and felt, have led me to contacts locally (here in Corinth, MS) and abroad that have great prices. I already have a non-exclusive business partnership with two local print-shops I’ve done some design and marketing for, and three more close friends who also have home small businesses with different kinds of merch. (I plan to utilize them all to varying capacities, depending on their strengths.) I’ve also had experience shipping and packaging products to other locations (all my family and most of my friends are still in Southern California) and have the resources to find reasonable prices with which to do so. I would love to make/operate this merch shop for the community! Additionally, I have my own photography setup + access to artists/models so I can photograph the (actual) products for the website, in-house.
My background in acting and writing (published playwright; unpublished to much more creative writing) have also lead to enjoyment putting out comedic content. And I honestly, would just love to see some fun and hilarious shirts, hats, stickers (etc.) for us. You guys are so creative. The memes and snark on Twitter kills me daily. Let’s put some of this on wearable designs!
(Side note: I am completely and utterly new to the crypto - and finance - world. So this is a tangible way for me to contribute to the ecosystem, while still learning all the ins and outs of the language, lingo, and navigating how everything works.)
I can see this merch shop tying into Awareness, Education, and the Secret Agent Program…. If it goes the way I’m envisioning, I think it can really get people excited about what we’re doing. In-person, in addition to online.
- California Baptist University, B.A.: Theatre Arts: Performance
- 15+ yrs. of visual design experience.
- 2+ (almost 3) yrs. formally operating my own small business.
- 8+ yrs. in (in-person) sales.
- 5+ yrs. social selling.
- 2+ yrs. experimenting with funnels & taking online classes & workshops in this vein.
- 20+ yrs. of writing experience.
- 13 yrs. writing purposeful content for other people (social media, websites, advertising, books, PR projects).
Plan for the Shop:
- merch store
- shirts, hats, sweaters, sweatshirts, polos, stickers, water bottles, mugs, (open to
suggestions for more?) …
- affiliate program:
- funneling $/crypto back into the community/ecosystem
- discounts on bulk orders
- paying commission to designers on their designs that sell
- ability to link to other sites and do promotions that give proceeds to other parts of the community
(I.e. Limited run of shirts benefitting Secret Code Podcast; or Limited run of cups/mugs/stickers benefiting WhisperNode’s Youtube channel…etc.)
- Store Operation
- I will ship out merchandise at least once per week (or as needed).
- I will place print orders twice per week (or as they come in/as needed).
- Items will be reasonably-priced, for high-quality goods; with shipping at market price.
- Paypal incorporated
- Credit/Debit incorporated
- I’d like crypto integration for payment, especially SCRT, but will need help with integrating this.
- 10% of sale price will go to the designer
- Paid out monthly or by appointment
- Bulk deals could get better deals (including lowered but not zero commission) at rates TBD.
Request for Funding:
$6,000 (in U.S. dollars, not SCRT)
I propose being paid $4,000 up front, and an additional $2,000 after 2 months, upon successfully completing KPI’s. The goal is for the merch store to mostly run itself (financially) after it is set up and streamlined. I’ll stay in regular communication, and will make some money from the sales, but don’t expect this to be a significant long term profit or time commitment, but will rather fill a niche in a way I’m able to, and help connect me with other designers who can get excited about making their own products available, for sale, too! If it grows into something more…then that’s just an awesome bonus!
$3,000 up front to:
- Start website and buy domain name
- Get sales tax license to sell physical goods
- Buy starter products in bulk
- Coordinate with the community and Design Committee to gather up designs
- Get initial designs printed
- Do photoshoots with the new merch
- Make the store and website operational
- Get the community in on the fun
$1,000 up front to: pay local shop-owner for in-store purchase availability and visual location, for a calendar year. This will also help us store bulk goods, before shipping out, without taking over my house. So think: we have a display/corner of the store, and we have storage for our extras.
- Make the website operational.
- Sell 100 items.
- Have 5+ designers earn commission on sold items.
- Run the first community promotion (benefitting a specific cause).
- Set up affiliate/commission program.
$2,000 after two months to:
- Pay for my time and successful efforts & shop upkeep.
- Help with another large re-stock.
(I am requesting this SNAC in dollars, as opposed to $SCRT, primarily because the prices are fluctuating (yay!) and I really am not trying to make bank on this. To avoid some potential backlash, I’d rather get paid in dollars and have what I need to get all set up, plus get paid for my time. A.k.a. I like you, please grille me nicely.)