I would like to:
- consolidate https://docs.scrt.network/ and https://build.scrt.network/
- do a full review of the documentation, ensuring compliance
- convert all of the documentation to use gitbook.
The current state of documentation between https://build.scrt.network/ and https://docs.scrt.network/ has fallen out of sync, where each provides different (and misleading!) information. This has come up repeatedly with the new Secret Agent Program test, where many users answered the validator slashing penalty was 1%, as stated on build. The correct answer is 0.01%, as stated on docs. This is further complicated by the fact that Secret Labs updates https://build.scrt.network/, but not https://docs.scrt.network/ so if they make a change it has to be translated over.
There has also arisen an issue where new Intel processors have potentially fallen out of compliance/sync with the current SGX drivers, as discovered by Figment. I find this deeply concerning, as it’d then effect the Spartan Proposal. I want to provision a server and test to confirm compliance.
The goal is to have this complete within 3 weeks of funding. Note this is partially dependent on Secret Labs’ timelines, as they must review/merge pull requests submitted to their Github.
I expect it to take 80 hours total to complete this. Note that around 20 hours have already been spent in this endeavor, between coordinating with Secret Labs, deleting/revising documentation, and setting up gitbooks.
The work would be completed as follows:
- consolidate docs to https://docs.scrt.network/
- have https://build.scrt.network/ redirect to https://docs.scrt.network/
- remove all documentation from SecretNetwork/docs at master · scrtlabs/SecretNetwork · GitHub
- convert https://docs.scrt.network/ to gitbook
- revise documentation ← this will include notes from the Supernova upgrade
- provision E-2388G (or similar gen) processor for compliance checks
This budget is based on a price snapshot on November 4th with the price of SCRT @ $8.73.
schultzie | Lavender.Five Nodes = 900 SCRT
- 8 years experience as a software engineer
- Authored uncountably many technical and architectural documents, including creating the Web Map Specification which standardizes 2D maps across all ESRI products and the Department of Defense, and had an advisory role on the 3D spec
- Validator on the Secret Network, Kava Network, Impact Hub, Juno, etc.
- Member of the Secret Network Infrastructure team
VPS cost for 1 month with E-2388G series processor = 40 SCRT
- This will require some discovery, however Vultr provides the old E-2288G for $350/mo, so I assume it’ll be around the same price.
schultzie | Lavender.Five Nodes: 900 SCRT
VPS Server for 1 month: 40 SCRT
Total Ask: 940 SCRT
: this is no longer true, as I’ve coordinated with the Secret Labs team to forgo updating https://build.scrt.network/
: gitbooks has already been reached out to in order to confirm we can use the community tier