SecretSwap Committee Renewal Proposal
The SecretSwap Committee’s goals are to provide dedicated resources and personnel to support and help grow the SecretSwap protocol.We administrate and help to grow the SecretSwap social channels among many other community services.
Our philosophy is to remain 100% accountable to the community & membership is open to all. We help create & curate dedicated educational resources (the SecretSwap docs @ docs.secretswap.io), video tutorials, & high quality scalable vector graphic resources, & more. Since we began growing the SecretSwap Telegram channel, for instance, membership has increased 4x. We have established a SecretSwap Instagram, LBRY, & administrate the official SecretSwap Twitter. Over the past 3 months we have worked as a collaborative effort to prioritize and ensure completion of SecretSwap related items (market cap on Coingecko, sending updates to CMC, etc.) We provide a space for community members to participate, give feedback and help to determine ways we can improve the platform for the end user in collaboration with the developers. We provide a platform to discuss ongoing governance items & assist community members pursuing proposals. We also have provided countless hours of dedicated customer support for end users experiencing difficulties and collaborated with Engima support to get a support ticket system instituted in the Secret Network Discord & help to work those tickets.
Scope of Work:
The SecretSwap Committee is the only community based dedicated resource for SecretSwap & SEFI. Originally, Iowascero – Ethan Wood, was the only dedicated paid representative, as elected by Secret Governance, prior to SEFI Governance going live. This was done as a test effort to determine if additional resources & dedicated personnel were worth pursuing. We believe this has been proven effectively. With this proposal, we propose to expand these dedicated efforts to push SEFI & SecretSwap into the next stage of growth. We have recently added Eric Waisanen as a second committee lead & SEFI executive committee representative. Additionally, we’d like to expand opportunities for community members, providing bounties, rewards, and incentives for awareness, design, and support activities.
This involves working with people to resolve difficulties & troubleshoot issues encountered, documenting these issues to ensure developers are aware of issues as soon as they arise, providing channel management for all SecretSwap social channels, helping to grow, and supporting growth through retention efforts. Bounties & rewards will be offered for graphic design opportunities (collaborated with & outside of the design committee with interested community members), support opportunities, educational material creation for the protocol & testing/troubleshooting upcoming applications and/or additions to the SecretSwap platform.
Practically, this manifests as several continual deliverables:
- Dedicated customer support.
- Dedicated grassroots marketing/awareness efforts for SecretSwap.
- Accountable representation on the SEFI Executive Committee.
- Dedicated business development efforts & partnership pursuit (outside communities, exchange listings currently under negotiation (CEX & DEX) etc.
- Continual improvement of the SecretSwap platform through incentivized testing and troubleshooting efforts.
- Continual opportunities to engage the community & create ways for community members to earn for their efforts.
- Collaboration with & integration of any hired Enigma & Secret Network product personnel.
We meet weekly as a community via Discord. The main SecretSwap Committee Meeting is held on Wednesdays from 4pm-5pm UTC - immediately following the Governance Committee meeting in the Secret Network Discord. Additionally, open office hours are held at 8:30PM UTC on Saturdays. A general agenda template for these weekly calls has been outlined as follows:
- Introduce new members
- Review bugs being tracked and/or fixed
- Discuss new bugs reported
- Review progress & current priorities which may include but not be limited to:
- Community Tasks
- Social Media Updates, Targets, & Strategy
- Exec Committee Updates
- Governance Proposal Discussion
- Open Discussion
Total: 950,000 SEFI
- Ethan Wood: 450,000 SEFI
- Eric Waisanen: 450,000 SEFI
- Discretionary Budget: 50,000 SEFI
Lead pay: 450,000 SEFI per lead for the next 3 months (calculated at $7000 per lead with a .047 90 day moving average price point | ~40 hours+ per week
Discretionary Budget: 50,000 SEFI
We’d like to use this to pay community members that have been actively contributing and to provide bounties to increase participation & better the protocol as a community, rewarding that process throughout.
No payment has been provided to either Lead, nor will be sought for these efforts without SEFI governance oversight. This is a community effort & should always remain accountable, transparent, and beholden to the community. Backroom payments would erode that trust so we’re seeking compensation publicly and transparently.
Any excess budget not used during the 3 month time frame will carry over into future months.
In the past, Secret Governance funded this committee as a boot-strapping effort until SEFI Governance was live. It has been an insanely busy 3 months, and every day the work has grown. The time has come for SEFI to stand on its own two feet and we need you!
E.S. Wood (Iowascero):
- 13+ years of Customer Service, Troubleshooting, and Support experience,
- 3 years of Fraud Analysis/Global Trade & Regulatory Compliance
- 5 years combined Business & Security Administration experience
- SecretSwap Committee founder & lead for the past 3 months.
Eric Waisanen | Secret Code Podcast - Eric
- · 4+ years of active involvement in the Enigma/Secret Network community
- · Runs the Secret Code Podcast, a community-led media group that creates content focused on exploring, illuminating, and growing the Secret Network ecosystem.
- · 4 years working as a Client Service Representative for a Law Firm
- Primary duties were: Client intake correspondence, electronic organization, and filing Bankruptcies
- Contributed substantially to the development of software for a company focused on streamlining legal processes – rewarded with significant equity in the company
- · 6 years as a Table Games Dealer
- 3x Employee of the Month
- Lead of a ‘Think Tank’ at the #1 Casino in California
- Responsible for over 80% of actionable items selected for growth
- Caught an oversight that cost the casino $280k because they ignored me for 3 days
- · B.A. in Philosophy
Major Goals/Deliverables within the next 3 months:
- Provide regularly incentivized opportunities for community members.
- Organize events with giveaways & prizes
- Add bounties for testing, education, and awareness opportunities
- Continued social media administration and channel growth trajectories for social media/chat channels – for instance, a 1200 member minimum target has been set for the SecretSwap telegram channel.
- Secure at least one exchange listing minimum through the Leads executive functions
- Continue to provide and expand support efforts to ensure new users on the protocol have the best experience possible.
- Create additional design resources, a codified brandbook, and collaborate with the Secret Network Design committee in order to help to create a better looking SecretSwap & SecretSwap materials.
- Work on a minimum of 50 support tickets through the Secret Network Discord & provide a minimum allotment of 15 hours a week to supporting users and resolving issues in the Telegram channels & on other social media sites where users are encountered with needs or issues.
The SecretSwap Committee Charter can be found here, for reference: