The SecretSwap Committee Charter
The SecretSwap Committee is a space for interested community members to discuss, collaborate on, and deliver marketing, awareness, and support activities for SecretSwap. The intention is to use these activities to improve brand reputation, increase user rates, increase liquidity on the DEX and ensure product development reaches the widest possible audience, creating a space to optimize project feedback for an optimal end user experience.
Objectives of the committee include, but are not limited to:
- Project Support
- Channel Management
- Processing Feedback into Actionable Suggestions for Developers
- Content Creation
The following responsibilities are shared amongst all members of the SecretSwap Committee, but accountability ultimately lies with the SecretSwap Committee lead(s):
- Encourage collaboration between committee members and the community at large to grow SecretSwap and support overall brand consistency and reputation, additionally assisting & supporting, NOT controlling, community Governance efforts.
- Social media channel management as a collaborative effort
- Create SecretSwap social media channels, where they do not already exist, providing maintenance and administration. Encouraging the expansion thereof and ensuring proper utilization of these channels to effectively raise awareness and market SecretSwap should always be a top priority.
- To provide availability to answer questions about SecretSwap within the limitations of human capital.
- Content creation i.e. infographics, blogs, guides, videos where possible and the coordination of these efforts with the Education Committee, Designer(s) & the Design Comittee where applicable. While the committee lead assumes overall responsibility, this effort does require 3rd party contribution and cooperation for the success of these initiatives.
- Target specific users/individuals/hashtags in order to grow SecretSwap awareness in alternative communities i.e. LinkedIn, Reddit, 4chan, LBRY etc.
- Incentivise user growth i.e. competitions/giveaways
- Host/attend online events
- Organise partnerships with external parties/communities
- Engage and collaborate with internal projects, committees, and their developers
- Encourage user feedback and communicate this back to development teams in order to improve SecretSwap and the creative efforts thereon on an ongoing basis
SECRETSWAP COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The SecretSwap Committee primarily seeks members with marketing, graphic design, financial writing, video creation, & customer service/tech support skills and backgrounds but values the membership of any interested community member looking to get more involved in the space.
Membership involves being active, engaged and fulfilling the responsibilities of the SecretSwap Committee as your time and ability permits.
SecretSwap Committee Members are expected to:
- Treat one another with respect
- Promote healthy and friendly discussion/debate
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for all members
- Cooperate and collaborate with existing and new Committees and their efforts
- Contribute to projects, efforts, and initiatives in a manner that fits your skills, background or interests
- Have the willingness and ability to commit adequate time and effort to committee responsibilities and to the projects, efforts, and initiatives you choose
- Be the link between product development teams and the community
- Detach your ego from your work; understand that all things are fallible and capable of being improved
- Give feedback constructively, empathetically, and respectfully; explain your reasoning behind suggested changes/improvements/approaches; and offer alternative suggestions when suitable.
SECRETSWAP COMMITTEE LEADS
Initially there will be one committee lead, IOWA𝕊CERO, with an option to increase this in the future should it be required.
A member of the SecretSwap Committee may be able to become a lead if they are in good standing with the Secret Network community, have relevant skills, background, or experience; and a history of meaningfully contributing to the Secret Network’s missions and goals or sponsorship on their capability in this regard by a community member or members with this standing.
Committee leads are beholden to the community and can be removed from their position if they are not fulfilling their responsibilities or meeting the SecretSwap Committee and/or community’s standards.
Lead Responsibilities include:
- Recruit community members into the SecretSwap Committee
- Maintain a list of active and engaged Committee Members, their skills, and contributions for recognition and potential recommendation to specific projects or tasks where their skills could be utilized
- Develop a consistent brand approach for SecretSwap, helping to organise the generation of content to distribute on social media channels
- Identify and coordinate with individuals who can assist channel, forum, and platform administrative responsibilities.
- Help facilitate the connection of committee and community members with SecretSwap efforts and initiatives.
- Organize and lead committee meetings (outlined in more detail in Meetings)
- Collaborate with and actively engage other committees wherever possible, ensuring proper education materials are present to assist with supportive efforts.
- Identify and coordinate with individuals who can provide availability and help provide support for SecretSwap, identifying additional opportunities for growth in this regard, working within the limitations of available human capital.
- Provide an active presence for these interests in other committee meetings
- Gather feedback from SecretSwap Committee members, the Secret Network community, and the public at large, where possible, to ensure it is processed and relayed into actionable feedback to the proper development channels.
- Determine relative operating expenses of committee initiatives, secure funding, and deploy capital on behalf of the committee for consensus approved initiatives and/or identify and collaborate with individuals with expertise in these matters.
- To be actively engaged and working on the objectives outlined herein this charter 15 hours a week at bare minimum. The majority of the lead’s efforts in a weekly period will likely far exceed 40 hours, however, this budget may be later re-assessed after trial of this effort has deemed such an action beneficial.
Items specifically worth mention that are beyond the scope of the acting SecretSwap Lead:
- Issuing direct commands. The spirit of this project is decentralized voluntary collaboration. This only works if participants at all levels are operating voluntarily – of their own volition.
- Making unilateral decisions regarding Committee Membership. All are welcome to attend and contribute in their own capacity. Problematic elements should be addressed by a majority consensus of the active committee membership and never by individual decision.
- Contribute development expertise to SecretSwap
- Dictate direction to development teams. The Committee and it’s lead can only provide feedback, we have no control over how it is received or what is done once an actionable suggestion has been offered. These are suggestions and under no circumstances should be framed as commands. We exist to serve these efforts, not control them.
Due to the potential of SecretSwap, the Committee has the potential for additional Subcommittees or Ad-Hoc Committees, focused on specific areas of SecretSwap or specific projects, efforts, and initiatives, respectfully.
These shall be formed by the SecretSwap Committee on an as-needed basis.
In keeping with its values of decentralization, the SecretSwap Committee will utilize a consensus decision making process when possible. When consensus decisions are not possible, committee leads can help bring consensus to a resolve.
For decisions, specifically, the SecretSwap Committee shall, on a case-by-case basis, evaluate the decision through a combination of: it’s adherence to best practices, its fulfillment of Secret Network’s mission and vision, recommendations from relevant subject-matter experts or developers within the committee, or adjacent committees and/or introduce research and testing. The SecretSwap Committee will disseminate this relevant insight and information to Committee members. It will then utilize a consensus decision making process. When consensus decisions are not possible, committee leads can help bring consensus to a resolve.
The SecretSwap Committee will conduct business of the committee through an ongoing schedule of weekly conference calls, telegram and discord communications.
The SecretSwap Committee meetings will be held at UTC 08:30 PM (20:30) on Saturday of each week. These meetings will be held as a conference voice call in the Secret Network Discord Meeting Room. Ad hoc meetings will be held in the SecretSwap Telegram voice chat to provide accessibility for those that cannot attend at this time.
The SecretSwap Committee reserves the right to establish additional regular meetings in additional locations to support specialized efforts as it sees fit.
The SecretSwap Committee agenda shall loosely be structured as follows:
- Introduction of new committee members
- Recognition of committee member contributions in the past week
- Review and highlight of ongoing development efforts
- Review of current available opportunities to contribute to active projects
- Open forum for review or discussion
- Schedule further discussions, reviews, collaborations, or other breakout sessions as-needed to support one another in their respective efforts
Updating the Charter
The SecretSwap Committee recognizes that decentralized governance is a highly experimental and rapidly evolving structure. As such, the SecretSwap Committee shall review and reassess the adequacy of this Charter periodically as it deems appropriate. This Charter may be amended or modified by the Committee, subject to disclosure and off-chain voting via discussion in committee meetings and communicated on the Secret Network forums.