Secret University Megathread

Carrying on the conversation from this thread, it was mentioned that some of the metrics we have for dev onboarding are:

To me, this doesn’t feel like a good way to measure dev onboarding. I get that secret university isn’t completed yet, but none of those stages mentioned above require any sort of developer skill, so I don’t feel like we’re measuring much. It seems like a way to measure regular secret agent onboarding if anything.

Here’s a proposition:

Stage 1: Form complete (form should request github, years of experience, and skills)
Stage 2: Have them complete a review of the documentation and deploy some basic contracts (Secret University comes in here eventually I guess)
Stage 3: Encourage them to pick up a CCBL item (depending on experience maybe can skip directly to 4)
Stage 4: Connect to existing teams in need, or alternatively fill out a grant request and create their own dapp

The stages should be set up in a way so that the next one is significantly more challenging than the previous, in order to measure level of involvement.

4 Likes