Secret Network Support Team Funding Proposal

Ah - I see the update. I’m happy to expand!

Speaking for myself, I am (and have been) providing a technical role, which is being continued through this proposal. Both in terms of validator support (see the SN Validator chat as an example), providing updates to technical documents, and making code changes. $80/hr is absolutely NOT out of line for a technical role, especially in what amounts to a contractor capacity.

With regards to the others, $50/hr is also not out of line with support pay provided by tech companies 0 1. Average salary pay for support in general across the entire US is $53,000/yr 2, with an upper bound of $81,0000. Both Mr. G and Reverse have greater than average experience, and are also working within a contractor capacity.

My point with working within a contractor capacity is that it warrants an increase to reflect the lack of benefits. From what I could find online, the expected increase of salary vs. contractor is an increase of 30-100%.

Finally, I don’t think anyone can argue that any of the 3 of us has worked fewer than 40 hours per week over the last 6 weeks, making the estimated hours provided (especially my own) quite low.

5 Likes