Topic : Awareness Committee Funding Proposal
Proposer : WhisperNode (secretvaloper16k26akna7h295rfjx3278s7xusnt736vy437y8)
Propose Date : 3/23/2022
Awareness Committee Funding Proposal
This proposal is for the on-chain funding period 01 April 2022 to 30 June 2022.
Purpose of the Awareness Committee
The Awareness Committee exists to spread awareness of Secret Network, convert cryptocurrency influencers, traders, and developers into advocates, and to recruit ecosystem contributors from a variety of backgrounds. For full Awareness Charter see here:
Notable Achievements Last Funding Period
- Increased number of Secret Agents from approximately 7,000 to 19,000
- Put together a team of 5 onboarding agents + leads for program coordination and execution
- Produced Agent recruiting video #2
- Worked with Design Committee to create Initial set of Secret Agent Badges
- Developed the new Mission Booklet and Commendations badge system
- Provided onboarding support for hundreds of new community members via DMs and in official channels
- Had the Nigerian Community led by ThePopeBlack represent Secret Network at Blockchain University of Nigeria Conference
- Presentated to Oregon Blockchain Group Peponks & melch18
- Organized and managed the Awareness Committee meetings
- Skrillah Created swag and attended NFT Auction & Stablecoin Conference in Spain
- Attended multiple other IRL conferences and secured meaningful relationships with influencers and partners alike including recruiting current Secret Agent Platform creators Oper Events/Communi3, potential API cluster partners POKT Network, etc.
- Worked closely with the Communi3 team at Opera Events & launched V0 of the Communi3 Secret Agent Platform including:
- A branded Secret Agent experience
- Easier onboarding process and automatic social channel links
- Preliminary agent ranks and total points
- Initial onboarding, referral, and dApp quest lines
- Weekly agents reports
Notable Deliverables in This Funding Period
- Maintain Secret Agent CRM
- Secret Agent Landing Page on SCRT.Network
- Organize and manage the Awareness Committee and its projects
- Post Awareness Committee Meeting Recaps to the Secret Forum
- Function as program manager for all Awareness related SNACs
- Maintain content on Secret Agent Platform site
- Secret Agent Interest Form
- Secret Agent Newsletter
- Secret Agent Points and Rank Tracking
- Secret Calendar and Runbook
- Secret Network Appearances on Podcasts, Interviews, etc.
- Develop a University Agent strategy (With the new platform in place it is time to get to work on this)
- Potential Conferences: BTC Miami, NFT.NYC, DCentral Austin, NFT Auction in Barcelona, Stablecoin conference Barcelona, European Blockchain Convention 2022
(May need budget for swag if Foundation does not attend, ex. Skrillah printed hats for Barcelona)
- Secret Agent Interview Series
- Agent co-ordinators planning & running
- IberoAM plenary speech Peponks
New Funding Period Goals/Tasks:
The previous period saw the initial planning for the implementation of the Communi3 web platform. This upcoming period will focus on onboarding agents to the new platform starting with the oldest & most active Agents, to get feedback and make the launch date for new Agents the most interactive experience it can possibly be.
- Creating new user-flow and “quests”/Missions within the new platform
- Integrating a new ranking/reward structure for Secret Agents
- Designing additional badges and reputation for commendations/ranks
- Creating NFT rewards for Secret Agents
- Working with an external team on a series of Secret Agent videos (has already been contacted and negotiated)
- Continuing to issue daily missions and engaging contests
With the platform in place during this next funding period it will be time to start developing a University Agent strategy. We’ve already begun thinking about this with an initial presentation to the Oregon Blockchain Group, and we have already collected an initial contact list of clubs around the world. The key to making this a success will be creating an experience where agents can come onboard with no prior knowledge and learn about Secret Network.
*for the full scope of work, committee organization, membership, and decision making process, please see the charter:
Performance Indicators by Which the Committee Can Be Held Accountable
While Awareness is a nebulous term there are metrics that can be tracked across many different channels to measure the effectiveness of the Awareness Committee. At establishment of this Committee these KPIs will include:
- No. of Secret Network Twitter Followers
- No. of Secret Network SubReddit Subscribers
- No. of Secret Network Instagram Followers
- No. of Secret Network Discord Members
- No. of Secret Agents Recruited
- No. of Secret Agent Points Accumulated
- No. of Runbook Campaigns Run
- No. of Distribution Channels Hit Weekly
- No. of SNACs Passed
The Awareness Committee asks a budget for the compensated leadership roles, for the Secret Agent Program Rewards and Incentives, and a discretionary budget to put bounties on open projects and reward committee members on top of the rewards they are able to earn through the Secret Agent Program.
SecretSkrillah = $60/h - 40 hours per week - $9,600 / month *3 months = $28,800
- 4 years experience in web based marketing & new product development for e-commerce. 15 years professional experience in recruitment, team management & training in the culinary industry.
- One of the top 3 Secret Agents, with the top rank possible.
- Secret Agent Program Coordinator since August 2021, dealing with onboarding, support & strategies related to the Agents program revamp.
- Former Secret Network Technical Support team member, dealing with the trickier support cases & co-ordinating with other blockchain projects & validator teams.
- More than 250 SCRT Pizzas delivered to new users, many recruited as Agents
- Represented Secret Network at Cosmosverse Conference, Lisbon & other events in Europe
- Built out the Agent Co-Ordinators team to be a 24-7 global operation.
- Well spoken British accent, befitting of a Secret Agent.
Brendan | WhisperNode = $60/h - 20 hours per week - $4,800 / month *3 months = $14,400
- 12 years professional experience in Cost Analysis and Contract Negotiation with the Navy and Peace Corps
- One of the original Enigma Ambassadors
- Long history as a Videographer, Content Creator, and Secret Network education contributor
- Secured numerous appearances for Tor Bair and Brendan Kittredge to various channels
- Have attended multiple IRL conferences and secured meaningful relationships with influencers and partners alike including recruiting current Marketing/PR partnership with current company under contract (Republic.co), Current Secret Agent Platform creators Oper Events/Communi3, Potential API cluster partners POKT Network, etc.
- Have been working on the Secret Agent Program re-vamp actively for months
- Current Awareness committee lead for over 1 year
Drakinora $30/hr x 10 hours per week - $1,200 * 3 months = $3,600
Bertramcoins $30/hr x 20 hours per week - $2,400 * 3 = $7,200
Popeblack $30/hr x 20 hours per week - $2,400 * 3 months = $7,200
Peponks $30/hr x 20 hours per week - $2,400 * 3 months = $7,200
melch18 $30/hr x 20 hours per week - $2,400 * 3 months = $7,200
There are known expenses for the upcoming period and unknowns. It’s requested that the following be allocated for the upcoming funding period:
- Secret Agent Platform: Funding should be moving to the Foundation
- Agent video series: $5,000
- Agent Rewards and Contests: $10,000 (150-200 SCRT/week $53months)
- Conference Budget: $6,000
- Total: $21,000
Secret Agent rewards vary widely as some months more agents achieve higher ranks than others requiring a higher/lower monthly payout for unlocked achievements. Some months may include multiple contests, or giveaways. There is also a more concerted focus on improving the talent pipeline. All unexpended funds are rolled over to the next month’s budget. Any larger expenditures for advertising/marketing will have to come from the SNAC process or from the Secret Foundation directly.
Agent Onboarding: $32,400
SCRT Price on 3/16/22: $4.5
Total SCRT: 21,466