Mount Doom - Secret Network burn address

Hey guys,
this post is more for developers but anyone can use really. I created a burn smart contract for SNIP-20s and a UI for people to use:

https://btn.group/secret_network/mount_doom

Why it was made: We needed a place to send Buttcoin to take out of circulation. Because SNIP-20 tokens are private, we wanted a contract where we could send any coin and anyone could query the contract to see what the balance is. The viewing key is also public for this contract so anyone can view the transaction history.

Instructions are on the page.

Let me know if you have any questions and code can be found here:

4 Likes

This is hilarious, and I dig it.

Can you expand on what you mean that it doesn’t have admin privileges? Meaning you got rid of the mnemonics, or that the wallet was created without them?

Hi dylanschultzie,
many smart contracts have admin only functionality. You can see this in the Secret Network Cashback smart contract now where the admin has paused the contract. Many protocols do this in case there’s a bug or hack and they want to pause the contract to stop further damage.

This Mount Doom smart contract has no admin features so once it has been created and initiated, it is what it is.

Let me know if you have more questions.

1 Like

:wave: Just like to say rn Steven, that it’s ace your rocking the mushroom :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I concur , rock n’ roller indeed Steve

1 Like