International Growth Committee Funding Proposal
This proposal is for on-chain funding of the International Growth Committee through the period 1st March 2022 to May 31st 2022.
Purpose of International Growth Committee:
The International Growth Committee was created to grow awareness and adoption of the Secret Network in communities that are not English dominant. We work and collaborate with other committees to provide the best experience for those involved in Secret Network.
For our other I.G.C. proposals and charter, please follow these links:
Number of Agents:
- 24 active global agents/teams
- WEST AFRICA
- EAST AFRICA
Growth of the I.G.C.:
- As of January 2022, we currently have over 10,000 members in Secret Network International growth channels on Telegram! This is an amazing accomplishment. Looking back on the I.G.C when it was first created, there were only 957 members in existing international chats. We have been shown so much support and we are hopeful that we will be able to continue to positively impact the Secret Network! With the creation of the new discord channels there are an additional 1547 members on there that we support! (Note - February numbers not added as month is not finished)
Number of Channels:
- 25 Telegram Channels
- 2 Wechat Channels
- Nigeria and Uganda were changed to West-Africa and East-Africa respectively to cover larger regions
- 6 Discord Language channels
Number of Translated Articles/Content:
- 100+ total pieces of content translated by IGC agents
- Public Translation Tracker was created so Secret Agents/Global agents can translate materials
- Public repository expansion and curation (Being expanded, see link below)
New IGC Lead:
- As of this new funding period, Wesley will be moving from an IGC coordinator position to being the IGC co-lead! His help has been instrumental these past months and he is excited to help more in those coming. Wesley has helped lead the Dutch chats for Secret Network for the past 9 months and has helped lead the IGC as a coordinator for 5 months. He has helped with the creation of the IGC website, finding new agents, building out the repository of translated materials referenced, and much more!
- Dalts has loved his time with IGC and this coming period will be considered an “advisor” to assist with IGC initiatives and reports that we do. Specifically he will be helping with the tracking of IGC growth and creation of our growth reports, content creation for the IGC, and assisting Wesley in his new role as a lead!
KPI’s for this Funding Period:
- Continue to track chat trends and analysis using “combot” and include analysis in monthly growth reports. * ”combot” is an analysis tool that can be used to track data like message rates, chat activities, member count, etc… in telegram channels.*
- Continue to provide monthly growth and analysis reports to provide visibility to community members and ourselves to be able to make decisions and progress accordingly.
- Partner with awareness and education committees to provide resources for the community with new website and translation repository (in progress)
- Integrate IGC missions with Secret Agent missions and increase Secret Agent participation in international communities (in progress)
- Acquire exchange listing in Indonesia (awaiting final approval)
- Continue to build and structure the website for the I.G.C., and integrate with the new Secret Agent website and system in general (in progress)
- Expand support of the IGC to discord and chats not yet managed (in progress)
- Begin bounty system on translation tracker, funding from IGC and expanding from Dapps/teams on secret networks who want to translate their content (in progress)
Completed KPI’s for this Funding Period:
- Onboarded another 2+ agents
- Grew 3 community channels to 1,100 + members
- Developed a partnership with an Arabic group focused on crypto investment and management.
- Finalized Public Translation Tracker for general use
- Expanded translated material repository for Secret Network
- Built out an “International Agent Missions” system to promote Secret Network internationally with focused missions of IGC agents.
- Assisted with the creation and moderation of new discord international channels
The I.G.C. is asking for a total 3 month budget of $136,950 for covering partnerships, lead roles, discretionary budget costs, IGC agents costs, etc, alongside a 10% volatility buffer for a total ask of $150,645 (22,859.64 SCRT).
(Calculations taken at price $6.59 as of 2/15/2022 this will adjust to the moment it goes on chain)
Wesley | I.G.C Lead = $6,250 / Month | 170 hrs / month
- Current I.G.C. Coordinator for 5 months
- Will be working full time on the IGC
- Professional background in Communications & Sales
Jeremy S. | I.G.C Lead = $4,750 / Month | 90 hrs / month
- Current I.G.C. lead for 9 months
- Professional background in Finance & Accounting
Glenn | Global Coordinator = $1,400 / Month | 40 hrs / month
Dalton| IGC Advisor = $750 / Month
- I.G.C. lead for 9 months
- Monthly tracking of I.G.C metrics & KPI’s
- I.G.C Content creation (voice overs, media, etc…)
- Monthly, 3 Month & Yearly growth reports
- Assist in onboarding process for Wesley
- Channel maintenance
Agents | International Agents = $25,000 / Month
I.G.C | Discretionary Budget = $6,000 / Month
Secure Secrets | Governing Entity = $1,500 / Month
Volatitlity Buffer = $4,565 / Month (10% per governance)
As the entity functioning as the escrow account for the International Growth Committee, Secure Secrets manages payments and budgets for the International Growth Committee. Because of the role Secure Secrets play in the operations of the I.G.C, they are included in the compensated roles for this funding period.
The I.G.C. is requesting a discretionary budget to compensate international agents for any work they do outside of normal expectations. This includes but is not limited to - extra translations of content, youtube videos, voice-overs/CC’d videos, and live events. This also includes any partnerships that we engage in and other expenses
I.G.C Budget Distribution:
As always, your constructive inputs and feedback on the above proposal are appreciated! Please feel free to leave comments on the forum post!
- Wesley J. & Jeremy S. | International Growth Committee Leads