Guerrilla Marketing Committee Charter

Hello everyone,

Me (@nodevine), Ranger (@moonroyalty1), Dylan (@dimsumdaddyy), and Arya (@ahreeyah) are proposing a new committee.

You can view the charter for the proposed Guerrilla Marketing Committee here:

Looking forward to hearing the community’s feedback and thoughts on this committee.

2 Likes

I like the idea but I’m having serious trouble understanding how this constitutes a committee.

Seems to make more sense as a project that requests funding via SNACK.

What am I missing? How exactly is this a committee instead of just a project?

2 Likes

This committee empowers a new a group of people dedicated to creating in person awareness. The purpose of this being a committee, and not a SNAC, is the intent to do this on an on-going basis. We need a group of users focused on where in person marketing can have the most impact. Like other committees, it will require coordination and participation from people not currently involved. The committee structure requires quarterly consent to continue operations. If we are funded for one cycle, and not the next, perhaps we will look back at this a project. In the meantime, we remain committed to showing the value a new way of marketing Secret Network.

3 Likes

Can you explain why this idea cannot be executed and funded via a SNACK? To me this is not a committee.

This requires coordinating users and crowd sourcing participation like any other committee. That seems outside the realm of a SNAC.

4 Likes

I just wanna be clear that I support this idea getting funding but I’m going to wait for a better explanation as to how this is a legitimate committee. It seems perfectly compatible with a SNACK and maybe even a project under awareness committee.

4 Likes

I like the project and I would want to fund it on an ad-hoc basis but I think the consistency and organisation of a committee is not required.

For example, if people in 50 areas complete a campaign in one period, there will be a significant deterioration in utility from allowing all of them to go again in the next period.

But yeah - I love the idea of it, just think it should be an on and off project.

3 Likes

What is your definition of a committee?

2 Likes

I don’t quite understand this criticism. Has the awareness committee proposed such an initiative? No. Is there overlap? Of course, but overlap doesn’t seem to be an issue with all the other committees even though there is a lot of it.

2 Likes

So, I feel as if many are confused that this is only focused upon QR sticker campaigns and maybe that might be the fault of the charter (which we can easily ammend) - this committee is for on the ground awareness that we feel can help Secret as foot traffic will see a much larger boost in the coming months as opposed to online traffic growth due to lockdown restrictions easing.

The QR codes are the initial project for the Guerilla Marketing Committee as a whole

5 Likes

I think a committee needs to have a rolling goal that most people would agree is needed on a rolling basis. This idea is a cool project, or series of projects, but value add has not been proven here that can stand on its own whereas with other committees long term value add seems more clear.

I support this idea being funded in collaboration with awareness committee or via a SNACK which seems like a better structure. But I personally do not support every idea suddenly being a “committee”, and specifically this idea doesn’t seem to call for a committee formation to actually be funded.

Doesn’t a series of projects insinuate a rolling goal? And please refer to my reply to Orageux and lmk what you think. I feel I answered some concerns you present normally

EDIT: a series of related projects

1 Like

So you don’t think there is any value add in doing IRL marketing? The rolling goal is IRL marketing and awareness.

1 Like

I love the idea, but don’t see why this doesn’t fall under a SNAC initiative. If onchain funding vs. foundation funding is the issue I could understand that. Seems to me like there is some unwillingness to work with the Awareness Committee.

Three months is a very long time commitment for an initiative that’s highly experimental. I would be all for funding something reasonable as an experiment; whether it be a SNAC or on-chain proposal.

It shouldn’t take more than a week to gather volunteers to hit a selected city, and then would require them to hit the streets for a few hours. I would just like to see a reasonable pilot program before shelling out tens of thousands of dollars for something that could have little impact.

The budget for items is 100% legit. The project lead commitment seems overstated. The need for a whole website is unknown (just create a trackable link for the QR code), 53 campaigns seems like a lot. I would vote yes if there was a one month trial run with slightly reduced project lead compensation, no full blown website, and less campaigns. Overall I like the idea. If this saw some traction I would support expansion into a full blown website and more cool bells and whistles.

5 Likes

Definitely is value. I’m heading to Miami for the BTC conference tonight and just printed hats and t shirts.

3 Likes

Possibly but this committee has a very narrow scope compared to the other committees and is proposing doing a fraction of the effort other committees have to do and asking to fund 4 leads (proposing to create the largest committee and get funds up front without even trying the idea out first). That seems like a drastic ask. I’d like to hear how you could work with existing committees and get a SNACK instead of creating one larger than several existing committees combined.

@Elie @Ahreeyah if you get funded, do you care if it’s called a committee or not?

2 Likes

Its not that there is unwillingness to work with the Awareness committee its that we know we can be more efficient in raising awareness and can prove such efficiency with our proposed infrastructure.

It takes longer than a week to gather members across the listed cities that we already have good contacts in - like I have said earlier and in the charter, we are trying to capture the foot traffic that is projected to increase all over the continent so we want to blitz as fast and controlled as possible.

The need for the whole website is so that you and anyone else track the performance of the campaigns as stated in the charter.

53 campaigns seems like a lot to raise awareness? Isnt the point of awareness to raise as much of it as possible?

Please dont take what I said in any wrong way as I am saying this with a smile :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t want to single out individual committees, but how is the scope of this committee narrower than that of the awareness committee and the secretswap committee for example?

1 Like

I think there is an overall trend here that seems to incentivize people who move to the chain before others, to cannibalize existing committees because well. There are only so many ideas that actually make sense to be a real dedicated committee. As I said before I fully support this idea getting funding but I do not really think it’s appropriate to create a committee for every subsection of awareness that someone comes up with.

To me it’s pretty cut and dry that this makes far more sense as a SNACK. Funding 4 leads for a narrow subsection of awareness is a bit wasteful imho. Will see what others have to say.

2 Likes

The 4 leads is needed due to the size and nature of what we are trying to accomplish which would benefit you and literally anyone else who is invested in this project. No other committee is looking at rallying physical actions across a whole continent - previous committees focused on online awareness which is more efficiently done using small teams due to it being online. However, IRL acts require more than a small team (1-2 leads) especially if they are focused on continent wide awareness

2 Likes