Error Installing Discovery CLI

hi @victor,
After trying hard, I switched to use docker-compose (this repo) to install & launch the testnet instead.
I think the issue above, relating to some native libs’s dependencies.

Just have 1 question, if I use the repo above to launch the testnet, is it the same as discovery-cli does?
And am I connecting to my local testnet or Enigma Discovery testnet?

It’s very similar though the repo you mention does not expose the ports needed for you to interact with the network from the host side.

In either case, you’ll be connecting to your local testnet (dockerized) as this is all what Enigma has released to date. There is no such thing as a public Enigma Discovery testnet, yet; that’s our next milestone.

1 Like

Thank for fast reply, @victor.

So for now, I’ll use my local container to test first. I’m using Enigma for a dApp demo.

Hopefully we will have the public Enigma DiscoveryTestnet soon. I’m so excited.

By the way, if you said that, I suppose that I’m using the software resources from my machine to launch the local Discovery testnet, am I correct?

HD Wallet

Mnemonic: myth like bonus scare over problem client lizard pioneer submit female collect
Base HD Path: m/44’/60’/0’/0/{account_index}

And the things are such as Available Accounts, Private Keys, etc… shown on logs of running launch bash, they are test accounts & random keys which my local testnet provided, aren’t they?

@arookie, yes that is correct. All the resources that you see/use are local to your machine, and all the Ethereum accounts, keys, amounts are from a local Ganache/Truffle instance, so you are im full control and it’s all a test envirnoment. There is nothing at stake :slight_smile: it’s a sandbox

1 Like

hi @victor / @adi , I got some troubles when compiling the contract simple_calculator. The error is described below:

Compiling contract v0.1.0 (/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator)
Running rustc --crate-name contract src/lib.rs --color always --crate-type cdylib --emit=dep-info,link -C opt-level=z -C panic=abort -C lto -C metadata=f6a228717b0787e8 --out-dir /root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps --target wasm32-unknown-unknown -L dependency=/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps -L dependency=/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/release/deps --extern eng_wasm=/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps/libeng_wasm-fb7623dfcc30efa8.rlib --extern eng_wasm_derive=/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/release/deps/libeng_wasm_derive-e470bc3e92339e2c.so -C linker=rust-lld
error: linking with rust-lld failed: exit code: 1
|
= note: “rust-lld” “-flavor” “wasm” “–no-threads” “-z” “stack-size=1048576” “–stack-first” “–allow-undefined” “–fatal-warnings” “–no-demangle” “–export-dynamic” “–no-entry” “-L” “/root/.rustup/toolchains/nightly-2019-05-20-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/rustlib/wasm32-unknown-unknown/lib” “/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps/contract.contract.2yh5mw4u-cgu.1.rcgu.o” “-o” “/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps/contract.wasm” “–export” “function_name” “–export” “deploy” “–export” “call” “–export” “args” “–export” “print” “–gc-sections” “-O2” “-L” “/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps” “-L” “/root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/release/deps” “-L” “/root/.rustup/toolchains/nightly-2019-05-20-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/rustlib/wasm32-unknown-unknown/lib” “/root/.rustup/toolchains/nightly-2019-05-20-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/rustlib/wasm32-unknown-unknown/lib/libcompiler_builtins-c2f76c4d0d77f31b.rlib” “–no-entry”
= note: rust-lld: error: failed to open /root/enigma-core/examples/eng_wasm_contracts/simple_calculator/target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/release/deps/contract.wasm: Invalid argument

The command I tried to run:

RUSTFLAGS='-C linker=rust-lld' cargo build --release --target wasm32-unknown-unknown --verbose

Can you please take a look?

Has anyone solved this issue, I have tried all the possible suggestion’s given in this thread yet I am not able to install discovery.

I managed to get it installed but then the discovery command’s don’t work

Sounds like it didn’t install properly afterall, what errors are you getting?
BTW secret contracts are coming to a new blockchain, please check out enigma-blockchain-contracts-guide if you haven’t already.

Discovery got installed and I can use the command’s but when I do discovery start
After installing discovery and discovery start,
(node:6639) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: #
(node:6639) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:6639) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I am getting this error.

I see you started a thread, will follow up there