This proposal is for on-chain funding of the Education Committee through the period 01 September 2021 to 30 November 2021.
The Education Committee exists to create, update, and manage educational content to accelerate the use and adoption of Secret Network. We work closely with other committees to ensure our output is relevant, and supports their and the overarching Secret Network goals.
For full Education Charter see here: Education Committee Charter V1.1.pdf - Google Drive
- Maintain and organize education content across Secret Network repositories
- Assist with educational content (infographics, blog posts, articles, tutorials) for all launches of products and ecosystem components (such as bridges)
- Organize and manage the education committee and its projects
- Function as program management for all education related SNACs
- Migrate all educational content from Agent HQ to the Secret Network mainpage (scrt.network)
- Assess Secret Network website pages for ease of onboarding for new investors and developers (scrt.network “Learn” and “Developer” pages)
- Describe Secret Network processes (flowcharts, guidelines, document templates)
- Create a master repository for educational documents for Secret Network
Notable achievements that were delivered in the last funding period are posted in the thread below.
For content created and maintained we propose a high level KPI that seeks to summarize the education committees activities: Content Created. The definition being any infographic, article, tutorial, video, webpage that was created by the committee and its members. Although the time and effort that goes into these pieces of content can vary widely, we believe that it, statistically, provides a measurement on the performance of the committee. Notable deviations from the target will see an explanation from the committee leadership. We have looked at the historical data over the past 3 months, so far as available, and estimate a target of 50 pieces of content is realistic. With that said, we do like to emphasize that this KPI is experimental. We are still assessing a consistent method to measure quality for education committee content.
Content created | target: 16/month.
The Education Committee asks a budget for the compensated leadership roles and a discretionary budget to put bounties on open projects and reward committee members on top of the rewards they are able to earn through the Secret Agent Program.
We based our budget on a SCRT price of $1.50 (25 day moving average price of $1.26 and a current price of $1.52).
Dumdidum | 𝕊001 = 3,000 SCRT / month | 12-15 hours per week
- Current Education committee lead for 4 month
- Project Lead for the Secret Network NFTgame Orbem Wars
- Hired contractor for Secret Foundation (25h/week max) for project and program management.
- 13 years professional experience in quality assurance, operational excellence and continuous improvement with national & international companies in varying sizes from start-ups to SP500 companies
- Content Creator, developer, and owner at/of the Game Development Center YT channel. Creating educational content for the Godot Game Engine. Produced nearly a hundred in-depth video tutorials among other education content and support.
- Public speaker on varying topics including Game Design & Programming
Darren | FuzzyPizza = 3,000 SCRT / month | 12-15 hours per week
- Current Education committee lead for 6 months
- Creator of Agents HQ (agents.scrt.network), the primary hub for secret agents program
- Led and/or contributed to over 90 completed Secret Network projects, spreading awareness and education using infographics, diagrams, and written articles
- Managing consultant with 5 years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm, delivering strategic IT transformation programs for Fortune 500 clients in the financial services, credit services, and banking sector. Skills include project management, strategic planning, technology education, process mapping, and org change management.
Discretionary Budget = 575 SCRT / month
The education committee requests a discretionary budget to compensate committee members for their work. This budget will be used to reward the completion of open projects like the creation of infographics, articles, written/video tutorials. The Discretionary budget is based on:
- 3 Types of open projects (infographics, articles/written tutorials, and video tutorials),
- a base time per project type (1,5 hour, 4 hours, and 8 hours respectively),
- expectation per project type (4/month, 8/month, 1/month respectively),
- rewards at 12.5 SCRT per hour.
These open project bounties will be on top of the rewards one can earn in the Secret Agent program. The two reward structures combined will result in fair compensation for these smaller projects. We are fully aware that the ‘hourly’ rate is not up to professional level (professional video editor, professional photoshop artist). However, we believe that people with such professional skills can use open-projects as a stepping stone to request SNAC funding, and we look forward to guiding such contributors in getting successfully funded for their ideas to grow the network.
With the above said we are asking for
- 75 SCRT/month, 225 SCRT total to compensate infographics
- 400 SCRT/month, 1200 SCRT total to compensate articles/written tutorials
- 100 SCRT/month, 300 SCRT total to compensate video tutorials
The SCRT left (~400) from the previous funding period will be used in case of budget overflow to ensure we can capitalize on every education opportunity. Any SCRT left at the end of the funding period (3 months) will carry over to the next round. If both education leads discontinue their role the remaining funds will be transferred to the new leads.
Dumdidum | 𝕊001 = 3,000 SCRT / month
Darren | FuzzyPizza = 3,000 SCRT / month
Discretionary Budget = 575 SCRT / month
Total Proposal Spend for 3 Months: 19,725 SCRT
As always, your constructive input and feedback on the above proposal is appreciated. Please feel free to leave comments in forum post. Here’s to growing Secret Network and spreading education!
Darren and Stefan
Education Committee Leads