Education committee - Funding proposal period 19feb-31may 2022

1. @rangerranger you can track the activities of the education committee over the last funding proposal in their progress reports. An example of an infographic created in this period:

The past funding period was for 2.5 months and the discretionary budget of that period is rolled over into this period, so the ask of this period cannot be compared directly to the content produced in the last period. Sean and me have configured a nice list of educational content we think needs to be released and will be filling the open project board directly after we take over. I think you can look at the NFT article by Sean and his infographics + the work i have done with the community-ama to see our dedication to providing high quality educational content to end users of Secret Network. I hope you look at our plans and the achievements of the new committee leads to judge the ask of this proposal.

2. Support ask in the education proposal. I included my technical support ask in the education proposal as this follows the same path chosen to fund Secetskrillah’s technical support work. I spoke with both Schultzie and the foundation to see where this ask should be included and this is what we decided to propose. I can see why this ask is confusing and i am open to get the funding of my technical support work via the support proposal. I will be in contact with Schultzie to set this up and speak up in the governance meeting to set a standard for the support+lead funding combination.

3. Lumi asked me in private to provide some extra content ideas of ours; What content do we want to deliver in the upcoming funding period? The bullet points in the proposal above provide an indication but here are some more detailed ideas.

• (Sean) The big idea that I plan to own start to finish is the “no code” explaination of Secret’s tech distinctives, functionality, and new vistas for use cases in light of those. This would include digging into TEE’s vs ZK rollup and really breaking down some of the hyper-complex material (like Guy’s recent interview on Epicenter pod) and making that accessible to someone like me who is either an investor deep in research, or, potentially, this could also serve as a quick introduction for a dev considering building on Secret.
  • (Ertemann) My biggest task will be to recompile and organize all educational content regarding SN to provide an easier path from start to finish for end users of SN. This includes finding all SN and non-SN owned educational material, organizing this amongst different platforms like Medium/Youtube and working together with the Design and website team to provide this in a clear manner to the SN users, agents and developers. I will also be focusing on creating an active group of Agents to work on educational content following like what has been started with the AOTRT subcommittee.

Sean his main idea closely relates to the deficiency’s i notice so we will be working closely on finding people to work on this and provide some of the content ourselves. This also includes working together with Laura, Bengee, DDT, Schultzie and other developers to provide the non-code learning pathway needed for the developer on-boarding experience dubbed “Secret University”.

Upcoming Articles/infographics:

• Dapp FAQ (quick starter information for all SN Dapps), will leverage the community AMA writeups.
  • Article on bridging from terrastation to SN
  • Article on porting terra Dapp to SN
  • Buy SCRT infographic
  • Revamp of the Bridge articles
  • Article on SN infrastructure and bottlenecks, scaling mentioned
  • TBD articles on SN techstack
  • improve upon private wallet guide with mixer and buy/sell NFTs
  • Revamp of the SN investor infographic with all current yield options and roadmap items.
  • Potential Dapp starter guides similar to the SN starter guide.
  • Revamp Secretswap article with v3 launch, separate or combined one to show Sienna and Button dex.
  • Private interaction infographic.
  • Update TG/discord bot commands with improved information
  • Master linktree document for educational content.
  • improve upon SN website FAQ

These are all ideas for now, hope to fulfill many of these if the committee call can agree on the topics mentioned. Topics will only be tackled if the committee agrees with them being not sufficiently covered at the moment. We will try to outsource most of these articles to active secret agents with an appropriate bounty.

We are happy to answer more questions about our plans/competencies and funding calculation here or in the governance meeting coming Wednesday.