This proposal is for the on-chain funding period 01 October 2022 to 31 December 2022.
A quick rundown of Q3 and milestones:
Goals and milestones for Q3:
- Reinitiate ecosystem fund contacts, begin to develop and nurture relationships. Bring in new investors and nurture new relationships for builders on Secret
- Started - have been working with Shahar on this, and making significant progress. So far, 8 calls have been set up or have happened
- Start writing out a semi-monthly newsletter for investors highlighting our builders
- A bit premature for this, taking time to build relationships and get first steps down
- Start a telegram announcement channel highlighting teams building on Secret
- Announcement channel has been formed
- Begin forming a rough structure for teams looking to build on Secret. Mentorship and content available in different verticals (marketing, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Done (see flowchart, posted below)
- Scale our outbound outreach efforts to have a better selection of teams looking to build on Secret
- Script/Strategy fully developed, waiting to be further along in VC cycle before initiating as teams need capital to build. CosmWasm upgrade will help a lot.
- Scale our outbound outreach efforts to acquire new investors interested in investing in dapps looking to build on Secret
- In progress.
- Standardize inbound intake process with an intake form
- Intake form complete
- Combine CRM with Secret Labs instance. Institute proper permissions on boards and organize groups properly
- Not sure Secret Labs wants to do this just yet. Separate instances working fine for now, so may not be necessary.
- Standardize fields in CRM, begin building out forecasting charts
- CRM fields have been standardized, forecasting charts not necessary yet
In addition to the above milestones that were met, the following was also done:
- “Whale” group organized as a potential funding backstop for teams if VC’s/grants aren’t the correct fit. We’ve had several in depth conversations, have an ongoing telegram group, and had a convo with an attorney (see flow chart for details)
- Had a lengthy and fortuitous conversation with Ben, @darwinzer0 , and will be working with him on utilizing the crowd-funding smart contract as a way for community members to invest directly into projects
- Worked with Shahar on putting together pitch-deck, one-pager for Secret Launch
- Spoke with several teams looking to build or building on Secret, including Shinobi, where I helped review their pitch deck and will be trying to help them with their fundraising
- Held weekly biz dev calls every tuesday at 11am EST for the community to provide feedback
- Work with Shahar on securing VC funds for Secret Launch
- Work with Agency on improving lead process, explore internship opportunities with Agency
- Work with Ben on crowdfunding smart contract platform and coordinate with whale group / community
- Continue hosting weekly biz dev calls at 11am EST every Tuesday
- Get dev committee more involved as we begin looking to integrate crowdfunding platform
- Begin attending more events to take advantage of meeting VC’s / teams
- Continue helping Secret Labs on grant process on an as needed basis
- Field all inbound inquiries
The business development committee serves as an independent community led organization that professionally greets and speaks with all inbound inquiries. A professional that helps walk teams through the nuances of the network - it’s a vital service being provided to the network.
I would like to thank Jay @Jay-ShadowRealm-SCRT for being a terrific partner over the last 6 months. With many personal obligations currently, he has chosen to step aside and hand the baton to me. In addition, we both agreed that for now, one person can handle the needed tasks as we iterate and improve the organization to meet network challenges, needs and demands.
To compensate for the additional work and time, hours will be slightly increased from the previous quarter, although not significantly.
$70/hour x 30 hours/week = $2,100/week
2100 x 12 weeks = 25,200
25,200 + 10% vol buffer = 27,720