BizDev & Growth Committee Charter

I. Purpose

The BizDev & Growth Committee exists to be a liaison between the larger crypto ecosystem outside of SN and the internal organizations, committees, and products within SN.

The main goal of the BizDev & Growth committee will be to provide research and intelligence to the secret community, to leadership as well as committees on constantly evolving crypto world and where Secret Network fits in.

• Secure cross promotion channels with other crypto projects
  • Work with dev committee and Enigma on Partner integrations
  • Product Acceleration - Work with new products on unique Selling Points and brand strategy for products - SecretSwap, SecretNFTs, etc.
  • Active Recruitment / Double Agent style outreach to other communities to create elite strike teams who can assist internal SN talent
  • Reports /briefs made for the secret community on outside trends, topics that will help internal SN products and committees stay at the bleeding edge of the constantly changing world without having to distract themselves with endless research.

II. Membership

Committee Leadership: The BizDev & Growth Committee shall be led by JC (aka SCRTisland) will work closely with Can from Enigma as well as Jordan from the Foundation. Members of the committee will be expected to provide value via their knowledge of the broader crypto ecosystem, connections to outside projects and affiliations, research on competition / collaborations, and help with spreading research

The BizDev Committee will be anti-maximilist by nature and seek to find team players who look for opportunities in collaboration rather than competition wherever possible. This will allow for the most finely tuned messaging and USP’s to evolve from this comittee and percolate through the SN in terms of SN’s strengths, as well as identifying and problem solving weaknesses.

III. Meetings

The BizDev committee will have drop in office hours 3x weekly (with a mix on discord and CH to reach a broader audience) rather than a weekly meeting. The committee will also drop into the other meetings and meet with committee leadership and product leadership to bring the findings and suggestions to accelerate growth within those committees.

The Office Hours will provide the perfect venue for networking and to get ideas heard:

• Direction to new members of the community
  • Debate within the community of competition and possible collaboration
  • Onboarding of outside people who have potential partnerships (come by tomorrow lets chat with myself and x y z)
  • Product acceleration and placement of talent into appropriate teams / projects

-Edit Moved Background and personal qualifications to comments below-

7 Likes

My Background / Qualifications for this role

Currently I am occupying the co-lead awareness position with Brendan. I am additionally running the BizDev committee with Jordan and Can without a formal charter. There are overlaps between these larger context partnerships and I believe this can be clarified into a more clear job description and role. I will continue to work with Brendan as co-lead of awareness as it stands under Secret Foundation and work with Brendan to develop the transition and changes best for the community as we shift to the community pool.

I have attempted to stay aware of all the moving pieces in the crypto world, and have had a number of outside press and noteworthy initiatives over the past few months, as well as being intimately aware and involved with most of the major NFT projects Mooncats, Meebits, Bored Apes, Rare Pizzas etc. I have built up many relationships within the clubhouse crypto world and have scheduled and hosted close to 100 rooms to date.

5 Likes

Deliverables for first 3 Month Segment

Focus on the following Product / Community Launches

• BSC Bridge
  • XMR Bridge
  • Polygon Bridge
  • Secret NFT Platform
  • SecretSwap

For Each one
- Identify list of 20-50 Influential community members / companies in each sphere
- Outreach all of them
- Target tweets made / announcements from within the community (ideally 10k + twitter followers)
- Propose Clubhouse, AMAs, Help draft tweets, anything to get $SCRT or @secretnetwork in front of their audience, create awareness events that then awareness and agents can amplify further

Work with Enigma on process for easier addition of bridge assets
- Trust Wallet Logos
- Standardize Pull Request template
- This will help give biz dev more role in adding partnerships and less workload on Enigma every time

Product Launch and coordination for XMR Bridge
- Fill in gaps of social Media / educational videos / logo possibly etc

Product Launch and for BSC Bridge
- Secure Partnerships and Bridge assets with BSC based assets that will have guaranteed awareness cross tweets etc

4 Likes

Funding from the Community Pool

• 1500 SCRT / Month as Committee Lead
  • 750 SCRT / Month as discretionary budget for product launch initiatives
  • Hire someone in SN to create logo for certain product launch (avoid having to go through grant / snac process for simple ask)
  • Give 20 SCRT to potential collaborator to play around with SCRT and test products
  • All resources will remain within the SN wherever possible , but will speed up product growth and launch initiatives
  • All discretionary funds in a public transparent spend sheet
  • Any unused at end of 3 months will not carry over and will be returned
  • Veto power to any by majority vote of committee, Can from Enigma, or Jordan from SF
5 Likes

Voting is now live

https://secretnodes.com/secret/chains/secret-2/governance/proposals/34

2 Likes

Fully support this proposal! I have been working closely with @scrtISLAND for the past couple of months on:

• the launch of secrethero.es,
  • listing WSCRT on CREAM (ETH DeFi) - in progress
  • sXMR bridge awareness and promotion
  • SEFI listings
    among many other things. A product marketing role for community projects is direly needed!
2 Likes

As I discussed with @scrtISLAND in one of the telegram channels (just gonna reiterate my thoughts for visibility), personally I would like it if the committee is also product oriented rather than just strictly marketing/launch related. Community devs would benefit from having a group of people they can resort to for feedback on how to improve their product. General community feedback usually always comes at the end once the product is pretty much ready, not while it’s being developed.

Ideally there would be 1 Can for every community project out there obviously, but at least having a dedicated group of people would plug this gap IMO.

If it would only be marketing related, then I see a lot of overlap with the awareness and director of marketing the foundation plans to hire, but I trust Can’s judgment - especially given that he will be in the committee and has worked with JC already for a while at the end of the day. So I’m not against this, I’d just like more emphasis on the former.

I like the feedback and focus of product acceleration and think we will approach each initiative on a case by case basis to provide the most value to that product (and therefore SN at large). It’s a good idea about QA and feedback from the group and then working with back end devs, designers, front end, awareness education to get the most out of each product launch.

1 Like

I will be voting yes on this proposal with serious expectations of some measurable results. This committee has significant overlap in my view and therefore I will watch closely for synergy amongst the overlapping committees and expect tangible support for the following KPI’s listed bellow;

BSC Bridge, XMR Bridge, Polygon Bridge, Secret NFT, Platform, SECRETSWAP

• Identify list of 20-50 Influential community members / companies in each sphere
  • Outreach all of them
  • Target tweets made / announcements from within the community (ideally 10k + twitter followers)
  • Propose Clubhouse, AMAs, Help draft tweets, anything to get $SCRT or @secretnetwork in front of their audience, create awareness events that then awareness and agents can amplify further * Secure cross promotion channels with other crypto projects
  • Work with dev committee and Enigma on Partner integrations
  • Product Acceleration - Work with new products on unique Selling Points and brand strategy for products - SecretSwap, SecretNFTs, etc.
  • Active Recruitment / Double Agent style outreach to other communities to create elite strike teams who can assist internal SN talent
  • Reports /briefs made for the secret community on outside trends, topics that will help internal SN products and committees stay at the bleeding edge of the constantly changing world without having to distract themselves with endless research.

Good luck!

𝕊hadowRealm

4 Likes

How can members of the Secret Network community join this committee, and in what capacity? Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that this will be just you (along with Jordan and Can)? If this is indeed the case, then how is this a committee?

I don’t know where you worked that out from but I’ve worked with the BizDev Committee too previously.

All you have to do is join a BizDev Committee call and contribute. Share ideas you may have and see what ideas others have, nominate yourself for activities if you think you can do it.

1 Like

It only mentions lead compensation. It also clearly states the committee members are John, Jordan and Can.

"The BizDev & Growth Committee shall be led by JC (aka SCRTisland) will work closely with Can from Enigma as well as Jordan from the Foundation"

Is this what you are saying is clearly stating are the committee members? It says the Committee will work with Can and Jordan, it also says the Committee is led by John. I fail to see where this restricts the committee to three people.

Also, as part of the proposal - John has requested a discretionary budget. That is potential compensation for members of the community who work and support activities that the BizDev Committee conducts.

2 Likes

I helped bizdev as an Enigma ambassador for a few years. It’s not hard to contribute to something like this. The task is simply to find other projects that may be interested in partnering or building on Secret Network. There can be research tasks for committee members in different areas or use cases like DeFi, NFTs, Gaming, auctions, token registries, etc.

2 Likes

See Section 2 and 3 of charter

There will be three meetings a week in order to encourage as much community participation and onboarding of new members as possible. The leader will be myself , working closely with Can and Jordan, but membership is open to any and all. Sorry if that came across unclearly.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

They’re a super welcoming group. I attend these meetings frequently and I’ve always been welcomed and been listened to when I have ideas or questions. :grin: