BizDev Committee Funding Proposal - Q2 - A
This proposal is for the on-chain funding period 01 April 2022 to 30 June 2022.
BizDev has had an exceptionally busy quarter as we went deeper with some of our larger leads, stepped into supporting the Grant program with Secret Labs, and led the charge in coordinating and funding better documentation on the network. The team has also engaged with a long time professional outbound leads manager to provide new opportunities for different partners and projects across the network (more on that later). In conjunction, Ryan will be taking a temporary Hiatus for Q2 to focus efforts on his upcoming NFT project The Golden Dragon (#Shamelessplug). He will continue to offer BizDev services, including grant reviews for Secret Labs, Pro-bono to provide continuity to the team, Secret Labs, and the community, and will return in the following quarter(s).
Purpose of the BizDev Committee Leads:
- The Committee exists to primarily support the enrichment of the application layer of Secret Network and become a community-led growth incubator.
- Manage programs and initiatives to build and support the developer Community.
This will include several initiatives including:
Fostering relationships with existing developers on Secret Network to understand ongoing developments and developer pain points;
Supporting and funding the upskilling of new community developers and empower them by helping them find roles within the ecosystem;
Support the Governance Committee’s CCBL and fund or incubate teams that can build the desired products;
Periodically report on advances in the cryptocurrency ecosystem to better understand the opportunities available to Secret Network;
Increase Secret Network’s exposure by attending several pertinent East Coast and West Coast cryptocurrency conferences (funded and attended by Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm, Ryan | Secret Orchid) in a grassroots effort to onboard VC’s and developers, and DAOs. This will harmonize with efforts from the Secret Foundation, the Awareness Committee and Secret Agents; and Aim to grow Secret Network through boots on the ground efforts while evangelizing developer growth, sourcing developers and ultimately creating an incubator for applications/architecture networking with talent from other chains.
Q1 Lookback and Highlights:
- Organized Network Documentation Upgrades (Including funding phase 1 and organizing funding for phase 2). Planned Phases with @schultzie and team. Forum posts can be found here. Phase 2 status can be found here. Planned Phase 3 (To include things like App porting from other networks, etc).
- Started Grant Reviews for Secret Labs, decreased turnaround time on grant submission to interview times and outcome finalization.
- Jay led the charge in executing on high level partnerships and introductions with leads generated out of Lisbon and Miami from Q4.
- Ryan started the onboard of Dan (AlPudgino) (qualifications listed below) to amplify team efforts in developing our outbound leads platform, process, and market strategy.
- Team coordinated Keplr Cluster upgrades and funded new support clusters to help with Keplr stabilization.
Targets for the proposed funding period
Funding, if any, for the following efforts will be broken out into initiative specific proposals to allow the community to decide with specificity efforts they wish to back. Additional proposals will cover the hard costs of initiative only, laid out in those proposals.
Attend cryptocurrency events and conferences to secure VC’s, developers, DAO interests and interchain relationships.
Build outbound lead system to invite new talent, applications, VC’s, and developers to the network.
Aggressively ramp up outbound marketing strategy, pitch, pitch deck to address specific target demographics for all Projects, Partners, and Dapp’s on the network.
Provide Business Mentorship resources to the upcoming Secret Network Hackathon.
Continue to resource contract document maintenance engineer and develop SLA for developer documentation updates;
Continue to develop relationships from outside of the Secret Network community to help facilitate deployment of applications/architecture on Secret Network;
Continue to field new grant requests in partnership with Secret Labs.
Aims for future periods
While the proposed committee leads cannot guarantee success in obtaining funding in the future, it hopes to provide long term:
- Seamless developer onboarding experiences through a job board, expanded learn platform, robust testnet and resource users for up to date developer documents.
- A DAO that would allow a revenue-sharing model in dApps developed by the community. Partner with the community and VC’s to build a secret focused project incubator, providing top tier developer resources and mentorship.
- Assist in scaling hackathons to include network-agnostic twice-yearly global Startup Weekends to support entrepreneurs and creators alike in learning how to develop effective business, financial, and marketing models to grow their ideas from startup to success. Branded/Sponsored by Secret, in support of efforts of Secret Labs and Secret Foundation.
Biz Dev - Q4 - Metrics
Grant Reviews: 16
Meetings with dApp teams: 32
Meetings with NFT projects, artists, teams: 11
Initiatives Funded: 2
Initiatives On-going: 2
Initiatives Complete: 0
Discretionary Budget Accounting:
|Inflow - SCRT|
|Outflow - SCRT|
|Initiative - Dev Docs - Phase 1||-1,345|
|Dev Upskill Program (Final)||-143|
|Keplr Cluster Upgrade||-860|
The BizDev Committee asks to be compensated for lead roles and conference attendance. (All fees and travel covered by lead members themselves)
Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm = $65/hr | 40 Hours/wk | Apr-Jun
- Twenty years of professional experience as a private business owner, VC and entrepreneur.
- Successfully founded and scaled an art wholesale company to $7m annual revenue.
- Sat on the board of Mulvihill Electric LLC while navigating an equity partnership with American Traffic Solution (ATS) and Goldman Sachs.
- VC and current consultant to a “best-in-state” marijuana company with over $300mm annual revenue and growth of 250% per annum.
- Long-term active validator on Secret Network.
- Crypto investor and privacy advocate since 2014
Dan | AlPudgino = $65/hr | 40 Hours/wk | Apr-Jun
- 12 years of professional experience as a real estate entrepreneur - founded a real estate brokerage based out of NYC.
- Successfully built and developed a sophisticated cold email system and data aggregator to track down and get in touch with buyer and seller leads
- GP in a defi fund with the CTO of decrypt and one of the founders of RugDoc
- Former Business Development and Marketing for defi protocols Alpaca Finance (leveraged yield farming on bsc) and Insurance (defi insurance)
- BS in Accounting from Queens/Baruch College in NYC
- Additional Discretionary Budget Ask: $2500
Jay | 𝕊hadowRealm = $65/hr | 40 Hours/wk | Apr-June 6,500 SCRT
Dan | AlPudgino = $65/hr | 40 Hours/wk | Apr-June 6,500 SCRT
Discretionary Budget = 520 SCRT
Total SCRT = 13,520 @ $4.80 current price, no buffer as we don’t support the practice