[APPROVED] SNAC Educational Video Series for Secret Network

Hello team,

I am Sahil from Finstreet, India’s first Crypto based education platform. We have posted our grant request on GitHub. Please check from the following link:

github.com/SecretFoundation/Grants

Educational Video Series for Secret Network by Finstreet

Looking forward to the feedback and how to take this further to the next stage.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Project Description

Finstreet is India’s First Crypto Education Institute. This platform acts as an easily accessible medium for people to learn about the importance of cryptocurrencies and the different asset classes associated with them.

We will create an educational video series educating people about Secret Network. This video series will focus on why privacy is important when it comes to finance and how Secret Network is solving this problem on a large scale.

Problem / Solution

Key Facts:

• 500k+ followers
  • 10 million-plus monthly views on all platforms
  • 3.5 million impressions per month on YouTube
  • Verified profiles on 6 platforms
  • 100% organic traffic
  • 40% month on month growth
  • The educational content in Hindi and English
  • Targeting niche Indian audience

Video formats:

• Daily Crypto News
  • Review videos
  • Interviews with leading industry experts
  • Explainers
  • Tutorial videos

Detailed product description

Key deliverables:

• Bi-weekly news or update about Secret Network for the next three months
  • 6 explainer videos about the Secret network
  • 3 specific interview videos featuring the core team members of the Secret network so that the world can share the vision of this project.

Key KPIs to be achieved with the campaign:

1 million views on content related to Secret Network.
5 million impressions of the entire campaign.

Value capture for Secret Network ecosystem

The campaign will :

• Educate people about Secret Network and its use cases.
  • Create better and relevant reach in India and other Hindi speaking nations.
  • Create Brand awareness among the Indian crypto community.
  • Detailed introduction of the project
  • Help in creating strong brand recall value among the blockchain and crypto community.
  • Regular updates about Secret to the Indian community.

Team members

• Bandhul Bansal
  • Sahil Thakur

Team’s experience

1. Bandhul Bansal, CEO of Finstreet

Bandhul is an avid investor with experience of more than 7 years. Finstreet is the brainchild of Bandhul. He has been coaching and educating masses about the importance of financial freedom for the past 4 years and is a hardcore crypto believer.

1. Sahil Thakur, Head of Partnerships

Sahil is a crypto enthusiast who has experience working with projects like Huobi, Deribit, Biconomy, Aave, FTX, Paxful, WazirX etc.

Team LinkedIn Profiles

Development Roadmap

We will require 3 months to complete this campaign. We will release 1 bi-weekly news update and 6 dedicated videos about the Secret network along with 3 interviews.

We are looking for a grant of 6,000$. The payment schedule will be as followed:

1. At the time of grant approval- 3,000 USD
  2. At the starting of the second month- 1,500 USD
  3. At the starting of the third month- 1,500 USD

We would be willing to consider full payment in SCRTs.

Due to restrictions of posting just two links I am putting the proposal in parts:

Team website: https://www.finstreet.in/

Our channels of content distribution:

YouTube 33,000 subscribers

Bolo Indya 70,400 followers

Trell 65,000 followers

MX Takatak 1,19,200 followers

DailyHunt Josh 2,91,100 followers

Your numbers seem bloated and artificially raised. The numbers don’t add up with the (organic) amount of shares/comments I’m seeing on all platforms.

I like the idea, I’ve brought that up in the past. But where are the sample videos?

All the numbers are totally genuine and how one can manipulate multiple platforms. We have verified profiles on these platforms and we have a great following on them. User base of these platforms are in excess of 100 million and backed by Google and big VCs. I am attaching our YouTube studio screenshot for your reference.

This is our TikTok I’d link:

https://www.tiktok.com/@finstreet.in?lang=en

You can verify our numbers there as well. Before the TikTok ban in India we were having more than 125K following on the platform which shows our credibility.

1 Like

@peteblank please check the following videos:

Oh… i was thinking about something like an animated 2-3 minute video.

@peteblank We will be making detailed videos explaining the use cases of Secret Network and other important aspects of the protocol. Necessary graphics and animation will be added into the videos. The video length will be 8-12 minutes.

1 Like

Your Josh page has almost 3 million (!) followers, while all of your latest posts don’t get over 400 hearts and 25k views.

You mention 3.5million impressions per month on youtube, while your average view count of the last videos is about 700 views, with the best performing video of last week having about 3.7k views.

A quick look over you last Bolo Indya posts show that your last posts have almost the exact number of views and hearts: 6 consecutive posts ranging from 36.9k to 37.3k views and 14.4 to 14.9k hearts. All having 0 shares.

While all of this is possible, it is extremely unlikely that this is organic growth. It’s likely botted and boasting of the number to make it appear like there is more engagement/value than there actually is

Our following on Josh is 300K and not 3 million.

Regarding YouTube, I believe you need to understand our strategy. We are not building youtube as a social media platform rather we exploring its search engine part and doing active SEO on it. YouTube is the second largest search engine after google YouTube’s search volume is larger than that of Bing, Yahoo, AOL, and Ask.com hence we post 6-8 videos per day on our YouTube channel since each video cannot be ranked immediately but we need to think long term and create content for the long term, for example, we have created “Crypto ki ABCD” which translates to Dictionary of Cryptocurrencies. Imagine a situation once the euphoria moment starts, how many people need to understand the terminology used in crypto space to interact with people. Hence we get our piece of pie then, we rank for WazirX, FTX, Huobi, Tron in India. Hence you should not judge us on our views because simply we post a lot more content than any normal crypto influencer. Think from the perspective of SEO and search ranking.

Regarding the manipulation of activity on social media, you can verify our numbers from social blade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC9uE3NWbpg09xN8H5pmT4gQ. This is a US based company and often used by all the companies to judge YT metrics.

3 Likes

Hi team,

Please guide me with the further process.

Cheers!!!

participated on call where this was discussed - noted that the requested funding is not on the conservative side, especially for India (where I live).

was asked to provide feedback on quality of content - noted i do not speak hindi, but said I would ask someone who is knowledgeable on the topic and can opine.

asked friend who works at notable crypto team (scaling eth sponsor level) - and is from India and his comment was: “looks like simple news channel rather than tech. Shilling, commenting after event etc., personally i hate such channels”

1 Like

Yeah - to be honest, $6,000 for what you have mentioned is pretty steep, especially when considering the concerns raised by Erwin. I had a look at your channel right now and for a YouTube channel with 39.4k subscribers, only nine out of your last twenty videos even got 1k views.

If you consider the fact that we are also in a cryptocurrency boom at the moment, that seems to be especially low. I appreciate you linking your Social Blade, however you will also likely agree that the reason your “total views” accelerate is not as a result of increased viewership on your videos but rather because the channel is pumping out videos non-stop.

As the model for your YouTube channel, this may be effective for you, but for Secret Network, it is likely that the videos would just get lost within your channel and it would see very few views.

I’m happy to hear your views as well as SN’s community, but in my opinion this would not be an effective allocation of resources. This is even before considering the quality of the videos which I feel to be just surface touching and don’t actually provide much substance (understand Hindi / fluent Gujurati speaker).

5 Likes

Hi @lzy-v Crypto is global and we never ask grants based on the country we live. I believe borderless is the spirit of the Cryptocurrency and blockchain space.

Our funds will be utilised in HR resources and other equipments required to pull off this campaign.

Hi @orageux101 our views are not increasing just because we are creating more content. Because our content get ranked on YouTube for certain keywords. 50% of our total traffic is from YouTube search.

You can search for USDT, Tron, Dogecoin, XLM, BNB and our videos are in top 3-5. We will achieve similar results for Secret Network through our campaign. We have put up 250 plus videos under Crypto ki ABCD section and getting 100-200 views on most of the videos.

We are not concerned by short term viewership. We want to educate and create content people will see in the longer term prospective.

We have achieved these stats in a year and we partner with projects for long term. It’s our duty and responsibility that the videos didn’t get lost. It will reach the target audience for sure.

@Sahil - we are still in the process of reviewing your SNAC and will get back with a decision shortly. Are you willing to into a partial performance based funding scheme? For example, instead of your funding proposal, are you willing to a structure similar to the one below?

$1,500 up front
$1,500 after first 2 videos and 250k impressions
$1,500 after video 3 & 4 videos and total of 600k impressions
$1,500 after video 5 & 6 videos and total of 1m impressions

Based on your estimated KPIs, we would like to set parameters for awareness metrics to ensure that the educational videos proposed hit the targeted metrics. Thanks!

1 Like