2022-Q3 Governance Charter / Proposal

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the draft of the updated charter and accompanying proposal for the SCRT Governance Committee:

The Governance Committee exists to promote transparent collaboration within the network and provide neutral discussions on proposals, voting, and governance issues. We work closely together with validators and other committees to ensure optimal support for the overarching Secret Network goals. It is vital to provide a space where thoughts and ideas can freely and respectfully be exchanged by anyone within the Secret Network to aid in reaching informed consensus on-chain.

As always, your constructive input and feedback on the updated charter is appreciated. Please feel free to leave comments directly in the Google Doc or here in forum!

Best,
Mook

1 Like

I really appreciate your work, but I think the compensation is too high. 7.250$ per month for a part-time position in a non-technical position is in my eyes not in line with the market and the position is not worth it.

At that hourly rate, we are talking about a salary of about $174,000 p.a. for a full-time position. Please don’t take this as a personal attack, I don’t begrudge anyone their salary but actually feel this is excessive and just wanted to write down, why I am not in favor of this proposal.

1 Like

90 dollars an hour for a skilled nontechnical position isn’t crazy tbh
mook does awesome work

1 Like